weedeater

outdoordoug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can't find a more recent thread so posting here, hopeful. Also seems like consensus is gas all the way, but does anyone have experience with battery powered models? Was checking out some reviews online, but figured I'd see if anyone here has had one! I know the battery life won't be amazing but our yard isn't too big.

The reviews I found:
http://shedheads.net/best-battery-powered-weed-eater-2017/

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dewalt are liked on Youtube.

You could consider buying a trimmer that is made by a company that makes other tools (drills, saws, etc.) That way it's one battery for everything. I personally like Makita.

outdoordoug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dewalt are liked on Youtube.

You could consider buying a trimmer that is made by a company that makes other tools (drills, saws, etc.) That way it's one battery for everything. I personally like Makita.

Good call, going to have to double check my cordless tools and see if they're not too old and can find a whacker that would be compatible. Thanks!

Archie06930

Threads
My latest weed eater purchase was to invest in a Sears battery powered weed whacker and I am really happy with it. It's a lot better than any gas model I've owned because of the weight difference, the fact that I don't have to screw with engines being hard to start, mixing gas and oil to feed it, etc. The model I bought is the 40 Volt Lithium battery Max model. Now, having said all that, I should tell you I bought it 3 years ago, and this past year had to replace the cowling that guards the string and keeps it cut to the right length for trimming, and I also replaced the spool. Both purchases replaced worn out plastic parts, and it trims every bit as well as it did when brand new. Those parts only cost me like, 20 bucks with free shipping from Sears Parts Direct, which is usually the most expensive way to go, but for some reason these were very reasonably priced.

I would definitely go with this string trimmer model (I keep about 2 acres manicured so I bought an extra battery) over any gas powered string trimmer. The old WeedEater Featherlight trimmers (which they don't make any longer) were half way decent gas models, but none of any of the full sized gas trimmers I've tried are nearly as good as this Sears battery powered unit in my opinion.

ilovelawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was reading through this thread, and it hasn't been updated in a couple years so I thought I'd poke my head in. I just bought a Black & Decker LST300 based on the reviews I read here:

https://woodworkingtoolkit.com/best-battery-powered-weed-eaters/

I'm pretty happy with it overall, thought the battery does take a while to charge, so I ended up buying a second battery so I could keep one charging while the other is in use. With that little trick in place, I'm very happy with it.

Archie06930

Threads
I was reading through this thread, and it hasn't been updated in a couple years so I thought I'd poke my head in. I just bought a Black & Decker LST300 based on the reviews I read here:

https://woodworkingtoolkit.com/best-battery-powered-weed-eaters/

I'm pretty happy with it overall, thought the battery does take a while to charge, so I ended up buying a second battery so I could keep one charging while the other is in use. With that little trick in place, I'm very happy with it.

Still very satisfied with my purchase, I've bought an extra spool and spool cover to replace the worn out originals, but overall the machine works as good as it did the first time I used it. The second battery works out perfectly. By the time I've completed my weedwhacking chores up front, it's time to change out the battery and start on the back yard.

Jake8131

Threads
I need a good lightweight weedeater. I love to weedeat but cannot hold up a heavy weedeater even with the shoulder harness. I want a gas powered weedeater.
thank you
I do own a riding lawnmower (sears) and a self propelled lawn mower (briggs stratton) and a weedeater(troy-bilt 4 cycle)
I need a good lightweight weedeater. I love to weedeat but cannot hold up a heavy weedeater even with the shoulder harness. I want a gas powered weedeater.
thank you
I do own a riding lawnmower (sears) and a self propelled lawn mower (briggs stratton) and a weedeater(troy-bilt 4 cycle)
Try the Black & Decker 522. Get a second battery, the Ah4.0 one. Unit weighs about 6lbs, Really light weight.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Echo 225 & it has a 5 year warranty as well.

I have a Shindaiwa T235 & it is a cousin to the Echo 225. Love it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually the Shindaiwa is probably the same Echo just in drag. Both companies have merged.

I believe that warranty is just a consumer warranty. Under commercial use the SRM225 only makes two or three year before the cylinder plating wear through leading to PNC replacement.