Fastrak - Any Issues?

bigblock

Threads
Since Hustler now has a forum I guess I should put something on it.

I've had my Fastrak for about five years and have not had a problem with anything. So far it's just been change oil and filter, a little grease and blades. Has anybody experienced anything with these that we should be looking out for? Anything maintance-wise that should be done to avoid problems in the future?

I like mine. It has been a no hassle trouble free machine for me. How about y'all?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fastrack is a great mower...

What deck did you get?

About the only add on I would look into for that mower is the Donaldson air filter... Unless you have the Super Duty, it already has it... :smile:KennyV

bigblock

Threads
Hi Kenny, I have the 52" deck. It's pretty heavy duty, very well built.

pigc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having trouble with my Fastrak 20/52 running on one cyclinder. Changed the spark plugs with no improvement. Suspect it may be a coil or wire. Gonna change them out tonight.

al weldon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since Hustler now has a forum I guess I should put something on it.

I've had my Fastrak for about five years and have not had a problem with anything. So far it's just been change oil and filter, a little grease and blades. Has anybody experienced anything with these that we should be looking out for? Anything maintance-wise that should be done to avoid problems in the future?

I like mine. It has been a no hassle trouble free machine for me. How about y'all?
I have a hustler with the 18 HP honda. when you try to start the stareter only clicks. I have replaced the switch and the sol. on the starter. you can jump the starter and it will run

pigc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Coil was fine on my mower. It ended up being the spark plug cap. It screws on to the wire connected to the coil. Little contact was made causing the engine to fire on one cyclinder intermittently. Unscrewed spark plug cap, clipped tip off wire and re-threaded cap onto fresh wire.

Works like a champ now! Screw on cap seems to be a bad design idea. Hope this helps to anyone with the same issue. My Hustler is approx. 8 years old.

ihnenxtd

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a fastrak z and it has a broken axle for the right side pump drive! i was more than disappointed to find out that the axle and the seal could not be purchased shot of the complete
drive pump assembly!!? and have been unable to locate a used one for parts

flh3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a hustler with the 18 HP honda. when you try to start the stareter only clicks. I have replaced the switch and the sol. on the starter. you can jump the starter and it will run

I had the same problem and it is a decrease in power from battery to solinoid. Bought a power relay from John Deere had it installed No more problems

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
flh3
You have it right ... It is called "The John Deere starter relay kit"... This sounds like the classic case of low voltage at the solenoid coil on the starter...
This relay allows a sure start even with a Lot of voltage dropped on all the lock out switches and wiring without modifying any of the safety systems themselves... They run around $30, but if you are handy with wiring, you can build your own for around $10...
:smile:KennyV

soupman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The issue I'm having is that we just reached 40 hours and at a weird symbol appeared in the hour meter. I cannot find a description of the symbol anywhere in the user manual or online anywhere. I don't see an indication in my user manual that requires servicing specifically at 40 hours either, so I don't believe it is requesting a service. Any ideas?

Attachments

• hour meter symbol.jpg
    hour meter symbol.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 106