Fastrak - Any Issues?

bigblock

Threads
I must be missing something here but all I see is the standard hourglass sign and 40.

soupman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tip. When you said it looked like an hourglass I google-searched "hour meter hourglass" for confirmation. You are absolutely right. Just an hourglass. Didn't realize it had been present - and probably blinking - the entire month we've owned this mower. Appreciate the help!

bigblock

Threads
I believe you're right, I think it does blink on and off. You just probably always looked at it when it was off before.

Good luck with your Fastrak. I like mine.

Bob

LHPopper

Threads
My Superduty with 89 hours runs great.

1969rs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had my Fasttrak for about three years now and just done routine maintenance. Had an oil sending unit go bad, and it was an easy install.
But tonite I was mowing my 1 acre lot and noticed a whining coming when I had the blades engaged. It changed in pitch with the increase / decrease in RPM, but did not decrease.
I do not know of any fluids that can be checked other than engine oil, which is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and how did you fix it? FYI, my engine is Kohler Courage 17.

Thx in advance.

Tom59

Threads
Fastrack is a great mower...

What deck did you get?

About the only add on I would look into for that mower is the Donaldson air filter... Unless you have the Super Duty, it already has it... :smile:KennyV

Where can you buy a Donaldson air filter assembly for the kawasaki FS series engines? FX comes with one but I see no references for them listed anywhere.

joblo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a fastrak mini 17hp kohler. Motor starts ok but as soon as I pull the handles together from the park position to the neutral position the motor cuts out. Takes around 10 goes before the engine stays on and I am able to drive off.

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a fastrak mini 17hp kohler. Motor starts ok but as soon as I pull the handles together from the neutral park position the motor cuts out. Takes around 10 goes before the engine stays on and I am able to drive off.

Check the safety interlocks... some thing is either out of adjustment OR corroded ... :smile:KennyV

joblo

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbsup: Thanks KennyV....will do

Conrod

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Fastrak 42' deck. Drive to the left wheel gave out while my wife was using it. Less than 300 hours on the clock. The right hand side drives back and forth ok. If it is the hydraulic gearbox, how can I check whats wrong, and how can I remove the offending gearbox. Thanks.