New Owner With Questions.

Ericsmz61

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Husqvarna MZ 61 and have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with.

My first question is about the transaxle fluid; the fluid does not reach the cold full line when the mower is not in operation, can I buy Husqvara labeled 20w50 oil and top it off, or do I need to drain all of the oil and put all new oil in to prevent cross-contamination of the oils?

My second question is regarding the caster wheels in the front of the mower. I noticed that between the forks that hold the caster in place I have side to side play so what I'm wondering is do I need to tighten down the nut even more than it already is to get that side to side play out of the caster wheel or is that play necessary and OK to be there?

Thanks for any help!

Eric

dcgrazier

Threads
Did you buy this mower new or used? If it is new, I'd take it back and let the dealer service and adjust the machine. If it is used, how many hours are on the clock? You may add oil to the hydros to top off the level. If you have about 500 hours on the machine, you should consider changing the oil and filter.

I am not sure how to answer your second question if this is a used machine. Age and hours would be a factor in any decision that would be made regarding the caster wheels. I would make sure they are greased. Also, check the manual. It should help you decide what to do.

cruzenmike

Threads
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Husqvarna MZ 61 and have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with.

My first question is about the transaxle fluid; the fluid does not reach the cold full line when the mower is not in operation, can I buy Husqvara labeled 20w50 oil and top it off, or do I need to drain all of the oil and put all new oil in to prevent cross-contamination of the oils?

My second question is regarding the caster wheels in the front of the mower. I noticed that between the forks that hold the caster in place I have side to side play so what I'm wondering is do I need to tighten down the nut even more than it already is to get that side to side play out of the caster wheel or is that play necessary and OK to be there?

Thanks for any help!

Eric

I have never serviced one of these units, but the way I see it, the most important thing you can do is to avoid any dirt or debris from getting into the reservoir when you are filling it up. Make sure that you thoroughly clean the cap and around it before you remove and top off your fluid. Through the dealer network, either where you purchased it from or by searching out those places that service them, you should be able to find the exact oil that was used. Shouldn't be any need to actually take the unit in.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Double check that oil .
20W 50 sounds a touch heavy and most trannys use full synthetic.
Hydro oils are not that fussy about brand names , just dont pollute a synthetic with non synthetic which will gum up.

Most caster wheels have some pay on the axel.
This helps them to turn.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
1. All Hydro-Gear ZTR style hydro's are manufactures with 20w 50 castrol as the oil to use. The drives are shipped dry. Husqvarna oil will be what they used to fill it so buy some of that and top it off.

2. Husqvarna's have no play in the front end. Either nut is loose or you need new bearings. Very cheep fix.