How much should I ask for my 2003 DuraForce 6.5hp GoldPro Series Mower

easman61

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How much should I ask for my 2003 DuraForce 6.5hp GoldPro Series Mower
Model 10550. Bought new in '03. Was flawless until yesterday. Sounded like metal on metal and stopped running. Rope was very hard to pull - but it does turn and sounds funny. Decided to buy a larger mower as 21" is too small for my 7/10 acre yard. I am asking $50 on Craigslist. Has the cast aluminum deck. Sound OK or too little or too much?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 190.jpg
    190.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 32

Fireman 123

Threads
I think that's a fair price to ask. As with anything, price to allow room to go down without taking too big a loss. Good luck.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's probably a bit high for a non-working mower but you can come down if needed.

Did you look into the possibility of the problem being in the pull starter? That's about the only thing I can think of that could make a noise like that and not be a serious engine problem.

The mower is potentially worth more in parts (selling on eBay) but that involves a fair amount of your time.

Sorry it has come to this. :mad:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Model 10550. Bought new in '03. Was flawless until yesterday. Sounded like metal on metal and stopped running. Rope was very hard to pull - but it does turn and sounds funny. Decided to buy a larger mower as 21" is too small for my 7/10 acre yard. I am asking $50 on Craigslist. Has the cast aluminum deck. Sound OK or too little or too much?
Thanks.

Fair price, if I found one like yours (staggered wheel with aluminum deck for that price locally I would snap it up fast.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks.

OH, I just thought of this...could you have possibly picked up some wire or cable in the blade and stalled it, that would also explain the hard pulling and the noise you describe.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has the mower sold? Any more info regarding what's wrong with it?