Not Going Into Gear

alex_dodge1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day folks. I inherited a Troy Bilt lawn tractor from a neighbor that passed away. I believe it is only a year or two old. It is a Pony 42 riding mower. I have used it twice without any issues until this past week. I did cut the front yard okay but when I went to the back yard the unit refused to go into gear. I do enjoy tinkering with things and is one of the reasons I enjoy rebuilding cars as a hobby. Anyway when I took the gear gate off I was able to get it to go into reverse and forward but did loose the speed selection option because now it just goes at full speed. For grins and giggle I put the gate back on and it still did not work. I have not yet gotten the chance to follow the lever down to its source to see if anything may have sprung loose and would like some suggestions from the group as to what I should try first. I am very mechanically inclined so please provide me with what to look for and to check. Any advice would bed greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: