exmark pto problems

actbigmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought I had posted this the other day but new to this site I have a exmark 48"HP4820kc worked fine last year but when I used it the last time about 3 months ago cut the mower off then it wouldn't crank found blown fuse under seat replaced it cranked up pull the pto switch and it blew the fuse and shut the engine off any one had this trouble. any help?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Exmark section to see if we can find you an answer.

cruzenmike

Threads
I thought I had posted this the other day but new to this site I have a exmark 48"HP4820kc worked fine last year but when I used it the last time about 3 months ago cut the mower off then it wouldn't crank found blown fuse under seat replaced it cranked up pull the pto switch and it blew the fuse and shut the engine off any one had this trouble. any help?

If you are blowing a fuse it is most likely due to a short or an excessive draw. With that being said, you should run the whole length of the wires connecting the battery to the switch and from the switch to the PTO. Look for visible signs of damage to the wires and check the connections for good clean metal (no rust or corrosion). Also, check your batter terminals that they are clean and if you have a ground on the machine check that too. DC voltage is a loop connecting positive back to negative. A bad PTO or switch could be shorting the system out as well. Otherwise it could just be the wiring going bad from damage or exposure to moisture. Just some thoughts....