What does everyone wear for FOOTWEAR?

Theakston Landscape

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you guys wear boots or shoes?

I usually find myself wearing boots when we do Landscape/Hardscapes because i like the protection (already smashed my foot to pieces once in my lifetime) and then on the other hand i like wearing regular shoes for mowing (because mowing 117 accounts a week in steel toe boots is just too much)

I just want to pick everyone's brain on what they wear. I just picked up a pair of these 2 weeks ago and we have done some brick paver projects and 7-8 spring clean-ups and so far i love them, they are comfortable and offer a decent amount of protection.cat shoe.jpg

cruzenmike

Threads
Do you guys wear boots or shoes?

I usually find myself wearing boots when we do Landscape/Hardscapes because i like the protection (already smashed my foot to pieces once in my lifetime) and then on the other hand i like wearing regular shoes for mowing (because mowing 117 accounts a week in steel toe boots is just too much)

I just want to pick everyone's brain on what they wear. I just picked up a pair of these 2 weeks ago and we have done some brick paver projects and 7-8 spring clean-ups and so far i love them, they are comfortable and offer a decent amount of protection.View attachment 31168

Not that I do it for a living, but when I work outside, I like wearing Keen hiking shoes/boots. They are not steel or composite toe, but they have a piece of firm rubber that comes up over the front of the shoe. These in a low or mid top with a good pair of breathable socks has worked well for me. Super comfortable too!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wear tennis shoes. A friend of mine wears flip flops. I think he is stupid but what ever.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wear Wolverine Durashocks SR # W03122. When I was an aircraft mech, I found these boots to have the best non skid quality sole working on sometimes oily hangar floors. The ankle bone protection of these low boots is another feature that I like. These boots have a lining and although I tried a similar unlined boot, I found that I sweat more in the unlined boot let alone what happened to my socks! As I did while in the Army, rotating a dry pair of combat boots on every day, I do the same with three to four pair of the Wolverines. They are pricey, but what isn't that is quality!

stevestd

Threads
Every time there is a sale on good quality hiking boots from Kathmandu, Mountain Designs etc I seem to buy a pair. Currently using Keen as described above (full leather with rubber over toe), but use whatever is the most comfortable for you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every time there is a sale on good quality hiking boots from Kathmandu, Mountain Designs etc I seem to buy a pair. Currently using Keen as described above (full leather with rubber over toe), but use whatever is the most comfortable for you.

I do the same .
What is more important for your feet is not to wear the same shoes every day.
Women abuse their feet no end with stupidly high heel shoes and while their feet get sore, the worst damage they do is to force ugly painful bunyons to grow on their feet ( wrecks their ankles, knees & hips but that is another story ).
This is because they rarely wear the same shoes two days running.
Blokes end up with crippling foot disorders because while they were wearing sensible shoes they wore the same pair, 18 hours a day each & every day till they wore the shoes out.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been thru many different kinds.

Right now I have Dakota boots. Really nice. They did started to unstitch at the bottom after only a few monts, but I got that fixed. The boots I buy need to be waterproof. I hate having wet feet all day and then take them out of the boot to see them all white and swelled up. They also need a steel cap.

deck~dragger

Threads
I have worn Carolina boots for years. Off work, hi-tech or keen, around house crocs.

Hey Bert, looks like the Steel Blues are making there way over here. Good boot?

cashman

Threads
For beating around the house I wear a pair of Crocs. They are light and comfortable. Not very much at working in the yard though. For everyday at work, I've worn SAS brand for years. I walk on concrete at work mostly and according to my phone, I average walking over four miles a day. The SAS's have always been comfortable for me and they last a long time. I've got a pair of SAS's now that's lasted over seven years. I keep two pairs of them for work and a third pair for Sundays. For mowing and outdoor chores I've had a pair of Georgia Boots I've used for about five years. The string trimmers have about cut the toe out on them. I got a new pair of Cat boots this past Christmas and they seem to be a good boot. Haven't gotten them broke in good yet but they have been comfortable for all day wear so far.