What does everyone wear for FOOTWEAR?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Steel toe 14" tall Engineer Boots. They are comfy to me, & this year since last years drought has the ticks out looking for blood.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep it is steel caps for me as well , but I am a repairer not a mower.
My orthopedic surgeon told me years ago never to wear the same pair of shoes two days running or for more than 10 hours continious, not good for your feet apparently.
So I bought a new pair every year and now have 8 pairs to cycle through.
Had a friend who is a traffic controller ( lolly pop man) and he was all but crippled till I convinced him to get some more boots & change them at lunch time.
While he still can't run a marathon, he can manage to walk to the bar after work now.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good advice Bert about swapping boots regularly. I would not have thought that would be that important.

Thank U.

RetireeRon

Threads
I wear an old pair of Red Wing steel toe hikers.

X-man

Threads
I've always just worn my steel toe tennis shoes. Comfortable enough to walk around in, safe enough to not worry about destroying your feet from debris.

Mike88se

Threads
My most used boots are Timberland White Ledge Men's Waterproof Boots. Very comfy and very durable. I sometimes wear Wolverine Men's Spoke T Work Boot. Not so comfortable and I haven't worn them enough to say anything about the durability.
I tried a pair of Underarmor boots. All I can say about that is waste of time.

LawnDad

Forum Newbie
Threads
For work I'll wear Carhartt Mens Work Boots, I like them because they are waterproof and we have jobs all over the place. But when I'm at home mowing my lawn I'll wear a pair of crocs on my riding lawn mower. It is usually pretty relaxed there.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My neighbor likes to mow barefoot.

Fragger

Threads
:newhere: I am glad you asked as people usually don't they just look funny at me , i go barefooted as i child my famiy was very poor and we were , many i would beg my daddy for some new shoes and then one day in Reyosa Tamps i met a man who had no feet and it really opened my eyes that i really needed no shoes as this poor fellow did not even had feet!!:confused2: he'd scoot around on a board with wheels..true story and ifin it get s too cold and there are some places won't let you in barefooted then i wear some crocs have about 6 par of them but only were in cold weather or when i go to town ,sometimes :thumbsup:
shoes.png

Last edited: