HR214 Vibration

Hank_Scorpio74

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up an HR214 last fall that was in moderate condition. While most of the repairs it needs are straightforward the one thing that worries me is the vibration. When the blade clutch is NOT engaged there is a heavy vibration. When the clutch is engaged and the blades are turning the vibration goes away. My assumption is that the clutch is in need of repair, but before I start in I wanted a second opinion. Is the clutch the likely culprit, or am I wrong? Thanks in advance.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hank_Scorpio74

Forum Newbie
Threads

golfergordy

Threads
I bought (pretty cheap) an HR215 SX last fall and noticed the same vibration as mentioned above when the clutch isn't engaged, which disappears when the clutch is engaged and the blade turns. The only thing I did so far was change the oil, re-gap and clean the spark plug, and sharpen and balance the blade. The mower is sitting in my garage right now and I haven't looked at the clutch yet.

Pumper54

Threads
Something else to check when you have a lot of vibration is the engine mounting bolts. Had a friend who had both a walk behind mower and a pressure washer that had a lot of vibration and it turned out both had loose engine mounting bolts. Tightened them up and both machines were good as new.
Tom