I added a light bar Friday night

tigercat

Threads
Most people can wire a light, but I made a short video on adding the light bar. It sure adds a ton of light up front. For $30 bucks it's an awesome improvement on night time use.

cruzenmike

Threads
That is very nice. I assume this is the Cub with factory LED? They look like they have the same color temperature.

tigercat

Threads
That is very nice. I assume this is the Cub with factory LED? They look like they have the same color temperature.

Yes the new design Cadet's have LED headlights. Only thing is they are not adjustable so whatever light is pushed out doesn't get put down on the ground where you need a light after dark. I think all small tractors the headlights are useless.

I remember years ago the tractors had small sealed beam headlights. Now those were fine and worked great!

Blondie70

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are very thoughtful. I know your wife will really appreciate it. Mine is still using the old light on the hat to get the job done...really needs updating.:smile:

Mr. Mower

Threads
:thumbsup:.....WOW!.....that came out looking great!

tigercat

Threads
One reason I wanted a real light on the tractor is when I do leaves in the fall. It gets dark early and sometimes I'm not finished with the yard work @ around 5 PM.

Another reason is if I start before 8am the neighbors can complain that I'm making noise too early. But raking leaves is best done before the wind starts. Sometimes I get a head start on the area or two before I get the blower out. So next year if I so desire I can drive the tractor quietly in the area of the yard I want to work at and shut it down, then rake the leaves out of the corner so I can get the big blower in there after 8am.

It's weird. Cub makes a nice tractor but the lights are worthless. ....:smile:

cruzenmike

Threads
If you don't mind, where did you find the light bar? I am looking to get one as well and need some direction. Am I to assume that anything under 50 watts is going to be safe to use on this machine or one comparable? Thanks.

Mike

tigercat

Threads
I'm an Amazon shopper. I hate finding stuff at the mall. Anyway it was $27.99 found on Amazon. Of course they sell smaller lights or other things, but this light works well for the money. When it becomes warm enough to use it after dark it will be a real pleasure now that I can see where I'm going!

MicTuning MIC-5DP50, Mini - 50W Cree LED Lights Bar Combo Spot/Flood Beam 5W LED, 4500 lm, 4 x 4 Off Road Jeep Polaris Razor, ATV, SUV, UTV, Car Truck, 13" L

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8K104W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cruzenmike

Threads
I'm an Amazon shopper. I hate finding stuff at the mall. Anyway it was $27.99 found on Amazon. Of course they sell smaller lights or other things, but this light works well for the money. When it becomes warm enough to use it after dark it will be a real pleasure now that I can see where I'm going!

MicTuning MIC-5DP50, Mini - 50W Cree LED Lights Bar Combo Spot/Flood Beam 5W LED, 4500 lm, 4 x 4 Off Road Jeep Polaris Razor, ATV, SUV, UTV, Car Truck, 13" L

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8K104W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the same one I was just looking at. I thought maybe I would somehow attach them directly to the tube of the bumper and do some smaller ones on the side and a bigger one like that in the middle. I will have to take some measurements first. There are just so many options for the lights, but I want to be 5-6k color temperature and >1600 lumens of light output. I just want to be able to see sticks and kids toys ten feet or more in front me me when the sun goes down.

tigercat

Threads
That's the same one I was just looking at. I thought maybe I would somehow attach them directly to the tube of the bumper and do some smaller ones on the side and a bigger one like that in the middle. I will have to take some measurements first. There are just so many options for the lights, but I want to be 5-6k color temperature and >1600 lumens of light output. I just want to be able to see sticks and kids toys ten feet or more in front me me when the sun goes down.

These LEDs are bright. The one I have you can see the sticks in the neighbors yard.

Watch the last minute of my youtube movie, you will see it lights up the neighbors yard very well. In front of the house, and when I approach the rear garage where my Jeep is, the motion flood lights are on so it's not as dark as it should be. Still the led lightbar shines thru.

Adding lights on tractors is a good thing to do.