John Deere X-500 Series?

cashman

Threads
The wife and I are looking to buy a new mower. She will be doing most of the mowing because according to her, I tend to mow everything including flowers and scrubs, down. We have about 3 1/2 acres to mow total. She has used an Ariens GT-17 for over 25 years and would like to stay with the lawn tractor style of mower. She has spent some seat time on a friends Cub Cadet 1045 series and an Exmark Lazer Z and didn't like either. The Exmark made her back sore and the Cub Cadet was too loud. Seriously looking at the John Deere X-500 series and she has ridden on one at a dealer and liked it. Personally, I like the X-700 series better because it's more in line with the Ariens GT-17, but it's a little too spendy for us. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that has experience using the X-500 series John Deere. Thanks!!!

Glyn Robinson

Threads
love my John Deere 320. It's a 1994 and is still running strong. Best of luck picking out your new mower. looks like you're headed inn the right direction.

Jack17

Threads
The difference between X700 and X500 is HUGE! X700 is a tractor while X500 is a top of the line riding lawn mower. Now...do you really want to buy the most expensive riding lawn mower? After all...it's just a lawn mower! :confused:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just bought two X350s yesterday, a 42" deck and a 48" deck, and letting my LA-135 LE with 255 hrs. go. Will let you know in about a year how well I like them.

eric102

Threads
I agree with Jack. If you use JD's 60 month 0% interest the X7 really isn't very much more per month than the X5's.

A few years ago I went to the dealer expecting to buy an X5 but ended up with a X739 mainly because it was so much more comfortable to operate, plus I wanted both all wheel steering for those pesky flower beds and all wheel drive for slippery conditions.

cashman

Threads
Thanks for the input guys! I'll have to look into the JD financing on the X-7. One thing I liked about the X-7 was the ability to mount a Cat Zero hitch on the rear. The Ariens had that and I made a homemade ball hitch attachment to move my boat and utility trailer around in the garage and driveway without having to get the truck out. We don't have snow here so that's not a concern. All it's going to do is mow grass and me growing up in a lawnmower shop at 60 years old, it will be the first lawnmower I've ever bought new. So I want to get a good one. I'll keep everyone posted, Thanks again!!!

eric102

Threads
Thanks for the input guys! I'll have to look into the JD financing on the X-7. One thing I liked about the X-7 was the ability to mount a Cat Zero hitch on the rear. The Ariens had that and I made a homemade ball hitch attachment to move my boat and utility trailer around in the garage and driveway without having to get the truck out. We don't have snow here so that's not a concern. All it's going to do is mow grass and me growing up in a lawnmower shop at 60 years old, it will be the first lawnmower I've ever bought new. So I want to get a good one. I'll keep everyone posted, Thanks again!!!

There's a 1 1/4" receiver hitch built into the X7's front bumper so if the boat isn't really heavy it can be moved with that also.

The rear 3 point hitch is a CAT 1 limited which is compatible with most tractor attachments, the "limited' part is that it doesn't lift the implement as high as a larger tractor will. But its still plenty high for the size of the tractor it is.

top link 022.jpg

Its a small world, I bought my X739 at 60 years old also, an early retirement gift to myself.

eric102

Threads
You can see the square receiver opening on the front bumper in this pic.

JD X739 021.jpg