Engine Series Inquiry on my new Mower

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like the commercial and the professional use the same block. The differences are what air cleaner, intake and blower housing they are using on what engine.

deere78

Threads
Update

Talked to a Deere mechanic and it turns out that Deere did in fact build these engines using Briggs parts and from researching the parts numbers it looks like its a mix of Intek, Professional, and commercial series parts thrown together. The Deere guy said he thought it was something to do with it having a 4 year warranty but wasn't for sure.

This explains why Briggs customer service couldn't tell me what series the 44j677 cyclonic was in.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
AHHhhhh yes the NEWER generation !!
go to college, get a degree in stupidity !!
This kind of Sheet didn't happen with the older generation handling the details of a business.
Juniors generation could give a damn less for anything but "get it out the door & get the Money "
Sorry I'm OLD SCHOOL (70 yrs old) RESPONSIBILITY is the key word ...of course I guess that
doesn't matter anymore ...half of this generation don't know their own sexual gender and don't care.
As long as they get money or support somewhere..somehow .. screw the rest of the world .
Used to be parts catalogs had cross-reference lists, compatability /exchange lists, and could tell you most any history of a part . Compared to thick bulky and cumbersome catalogs and manuals you would think the computer made life easy for compiling all this information .. SO ..what happened ??????...:confused2:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AHHhhhh yes the NEWER generation !!
go to college, get a degree in stupidity !!
This kind of Sheet didn't happen with the older generation handling the details of a business.
Juniors generation could give a damn less for anything but "get it out the door & get the Money "
Sorry I'm OLD SCHOOL (70 yrs old) RESPONSIBILITY is the key word ...of course I guess that
doesn't matter anymore ...half of this generation don't know their own sexual gender and don't care.
As long as they get money or support somewhere..somehow .. screw the rest of the world .
Used to be parts catalogs had cross-reference lists, compatability /exchange lists, and could tell you most any history of a part . Compared to thick bulky and cumbersome catalogs and manuals you would think the computer made life easy for compiling all this information .. SO ..what happened ??????...:confused2:

Greed
Information is both power & money so you only give away the minimum that you can.
With a computer you can both disclose & selectively hide or totally hide information.
You really notice it down here where the Briggs web site will only bring up current model engines and the service page tells you where the nearest dealer is.
The Kohler site is the same, if you don't live in continental USA you have to use a URL spoofing to gain access to information.
Old piston ring catalogues that contained the bore diameter, width & radial thickness along with the ring material & suitable bore material are so valued down here, people are paying big money for photocopies.
You can also control the market.
New ring catalogue is 900 pages and does not have a single dimension in it, just a make model & year indexed against apart number which is generally "temporarily out of stock"
Rep asked why I stopped ordering from their new "simplified" catalogue and was miffed when I told him I will now only use Total Seal rings because they don't treat me like an idiot.
If you don't want people to fix older models you just turn off the information about them

IVANTHE8TH

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update

Talked to a Deere mechanic and it turns out that Deere did in fact build these engines using Briggs parts and from researching the parts numbers it looks like its a mix of Intek, Professional, and commercial series parts thrown together. The Deere guy said he thought it was something to do with it having a 4 year warranty but wasn't for sure.

This explains why Briggs customer service couldn't tell me what series the 44j677 cyclonic was in.

I work at a JD dealer. I had one of the X330 come in for yearly maintenance. I saw the Intek engine had new/different designed valve covers, heads and blower housing. I tried to research it on my own and came across this forum talking about it. I race lawn mowers as a hobby and I'm always looking for ways to go faster. I talked to someone higher up in my company and she confirmed JD assembled those engines with parts made by Briggs and Stratton and they are built to JD specs. I am unsure of all the changes, but I bought a set of heads and the valves are bigger. :cool: