Engine Series Inquiry on my new Mower

deere78

Threads
Can someone please tell me what series the below engine is in by looking at the below engine numbers? (Intek, Professional, or Commercial Turf) One guy thinks in just a rebadged Intek however my thoughts are JD would have went with a slightly better engine on the X series and also I can’t find any reference of a Intek with the cyclonic filtration system. The only Briggs engines I can find that are cyclonic are the Commercial Turf Series.

2017 John Deere X330
Briggs & Stratton 20HP Cyclonic
Model - 44j677
Type – 0001g1
Code160505yp

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The intek to professional series adds 50% longer engine life, among other improvements. The cyclonic commercial, adds better cooling, better air filtration, and supposedly stronger block. The commercial series would be one step below the Vanguard in quality.

deere78

Threads
Ok so which one of these series is my engine ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Double check you model number information. It doesn't show up in the parts lookup system. The intek and professional use the same oval air filter. The commercial uses the cyclonic

deere78

Threads
Double check you model number information. It doesn't show up in the parts lookup system. The intek and professional use the same oval air filter. The commercial uses the cyclonic

It's correct 44J677, it's on a 2017 Deere X330 and it looks like B&S just started making this engine in 2016 specially for Deer but there is no info as to which series it is.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's correct 44J677, it's on a 2017 Deere X330 and it looks like B&S just started making this engine in 2016 specially for Deer but there is no info as to which series it is.

The parts diagram on the john deere site has all the parts and characteristics of the commercial series engine. cyclonic air cleaner, debris cleanout ports on the blower housing etc.

deere78

Threads
Yes! Call this number (800) 444-7774 give'em all the info and wait for answer.

Contacted customer service and at first they told me they have no information other than it being a vertical engine they then said it was an Intek. I explained to them that the only Briggs cyclonic engines that I could find where the commercial series and there are no example of Inteks with the cyclonic filtration system. They had another person investigate further and now say it's a professional series with the commercial turf cyclonic filtration system.

Still confused :confused2: