Engine Series Inquiry on my new Mower

deere78

Threads
My google search says it's a intel V twin.

I found one results claiming that and after calling the actual engine manufacturer they couldn't tell me what it is :confused:

I think I will ask Deere and see if they have insight. I think that what a previous poster said earlier will likely be what I find and I'm betting Deere actually built that engine using different series Briggs parts. This would also explain why Briggs themselves doesn't know. This would also explain why it seems the engine uses the commercial turf cyclonic filtration which isn't even available in the Intek or Pro. Also this engine has a 4 year warranty and the Intek/pro only has a 2 year warranty.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe you have the commercial series engine. I also believe the engine was built by Briggs, for the exclusive use by Deere. The briggs owners manual for your engine list a 2 year warranty. If JD is offering a 4 year warranty that may mean they will handle the warranty internal to their system, like Sears did all their products.

If you go to the Kawasaki engine website and look up parts you will not find any of the engine variation numbers listed for engines on JD.

deere78

Threads
I believe you have the commercial series engine. I also believe the engine was built by Briggs, for the exclusive use by Deere. The briggs owners manual for your engine list a 2 year warranty. If JD is offering a 4 year warranty that may mean they will handle the warranty internal to their system, like Sears did all their products.

If you go to the Kawasaki engine website and look up parts you will not find any of the engine variation numbers listed for engines on JD.

I was hopeful that it was a commercial series but the plastic intake is telling me it's not or at least parts of it aren't. Strange that even the manufacture is unsure.

Yes the 4 year warranty is through Deere.

Either way my old 10 year cheap LA series has a single cylinder Intek and after many hours and hard use it still doesn't use oil and has never had a parts breakage other than a cable so I'm sure this one will be fine also. At least with the old one I know which engine it has.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your engine isn't the only one that briggs has with the plastic intake manifold of the intek/professional and the cyclonic air cleaner of the commercial.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try finding a P/N for a John Deere/ Briggs needle valve to replace the plastic bitch that sticks closed. They won't even show it in their diagrams. It must be hiding in the engine somewhere and Briggs people still don't know and it's been made for at least 6 years. The complete manifold must be removed to replace the needle valve and the electric solenoid pictured is impossible to replace. Better stay with your single cylinder.

Attachments

• needle valve possibly Nikki carb 2017.JPG
    needle valve possibly Nikki carb 2017.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
  • John Deere Briggs solenoid 2016.JPG
    John Deere Briggs solenoid 2016.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 7

deere78

Threads
Your engine isn't the only one that briggs has with the plastic intake manifold of the intek/professional and the cyclonic air cleaner of the commercial.

I can find no other online examples of one other than the 44j677 engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
40N777 series, 40N877 series, 44N677 series, 44N877 series. Have the same air filter and intake manifold part numbers as your 44J677-0001-g1

Jack17

Threads
We need to call Deere's engine works in Waterloo, IA and get to the bottom of this!

deere78

Threads
40N777 series, 40N877 series, 44N677 series, 44N877 series. Have the same air filter and intake manifold part numbers as your 44J677-0001-g1

None of those have the "cyclonic" cleanouts like my engine does. Looks totally different from the pictures even though the air filter and intake are the same numbers.

X330 Engine.PNG