Kombi System advice

bnew

Forum Newbie
Threads
My local dealer has a few leftover KM 130's. He has them at a 10% discount. I know the new KM131 is coming out. Dealer said other than the larger gas tank and new air filter design; it is the same moter, he would go for the 130 to save some money. Since I will not be using this professionally any impute?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked at the new STIHL line of powerbeads and trimmers. I find them bulky and unbalanced. What is new on them is also the auto chock and the rubber coated handle. Still has that 4 mix junk.

If you do a lot of trimming, the KM gets heavy after a while. I would personaly go with a 94. The reason is simple. It doesn't have the 4 mix technology with the valves. I am really not a fan of that. I use to have two KM90. Sold one and got the KM94. I gotta say it's a hell of a nice powerhead.

KM130 will do fine tho. I've never used one, but I do know it is powerful. It will be good with any attachment. If you are wondering, I have used many attachments with the KM90 and KM94. Power broom, hedge trimmer, pole saw, trimmer, etc. All work very well on it and I have enough power.

apwillard1986

Threads
Second the KM94r. Light and powerful and a pure two-cycle. I like mine more each time I use it.

Threads
KM130 will do fine tho. I've never used one, but I do know it is powerful. It will be good with any attachment. If you are wondering, I have used many attachments with the KM90 and KM94. Power broom, hedge trimmer, pole saw, trimmer, etc. All work very well on it and I have enough power.[/QUOTE]

i would agree with lawnboy 18, yes the KM130 has plenty of grunt but it depends on what you want to do with it, KM94 will do most things very well.