Stop Switch Briggs 12XXXX series (1993) - Always Have Continuity

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Stop Switch Briggs 12XXXX series (1993) - Always Have Continuity
I wouldn't say I have homer simpson moments very often. What I get are Murphy of Murphy's law moments. And when he shows up, he usually sticks around a week. Those are the weeks that you break more than you fix.

Breaking center ring of a new piston ring assembly and having to order a new ring set, from the manufacturer since it was a new style aftermarket piston ring assembly that hadn't hit the supplier chain yet. cost of rings $65

Installing a set of new rings on an other atv, that the bottom ring of the oil control ring dislodged from the piston and got caught between the piston and the new replacement cylinder. causing a nice gouge mark down the side of the cylinder. Cost of another replacement cylinder and rings $400.

Striking a wrench with an open hand to create a impact effect to loosen a stubborn bolt that resulted in me tearing a tendon in my left shoulder. recovery time 5.5 months.

And my favorite, ordered a replacement ignition module that had been available for $68 for a customers $299 chainsaw, and when the module arrived discovered that they had marked the cost of the module up to $248

CalgaryPT

Threads
  • / Stop Switch Briggs 12XXXX series (1993) - Always Have Continuity
I wouldn't say I have homer simpson moments very often. What I get are Murphy of Murphy's law moments. And when he shows up, he usually sticks around a week. Those are the weeks that you break more than you fix.

Breaking center ring of a new piston ring assembly and having to order a new ring set, from the manufacturer since it was a new style aftermarket piston ring assembly that hadn't hit the supplier chain yet. cost of rings $65

Installing a set of new rings on an other atv, that the bottom ring of the oil control ring dislodged from the piston and got caught between the piston and the new replacement cylinder. causing a nice gouge mark down the side of the cylinder. Cost of another replacement cylinder and rings $400.

Striking a wrench with an open hand to create a impact effect to loosen a stubborn bolt that resulted in me tearing a tendon in my left shoulder. recovery time 5.5 months.

And my favorite, ordered a replacement ignition module that had been available for $68 for a customers $299 chainsaw, and when the module arrived discovered that they had marked the cost of the module up to $248

OMG. OK, thanks. Now I feel better. Or at least better than the time I found the carb gasket for an MTD snowblower I had been looking for for two hours in the bottom of my coffee cup.

Cheers. I appreciate your experience and humor.