Honda HRB215 roto-stop

Dutch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a HRB215-HXA, serial MZBA-6430780, with a Roto-Stop. I had to disassemble the engine to fix issues with an oil leak and I need to know how to adjust the Roto-Stop when reattaching it to the crankshaft. Can anyone help? Is there a specified torque value or is it a compression distance on the body with the clutch spring? Thanks for any help.

Dutch

Forum Newbie
Threads
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/list/r102.html?pp=30&pp=30

Send robert@honda a private message regarding your engine question?
Robert, when I torque the blade holder to the crankshaft, it collapses the clutch spring and locks the driven disk together with the blade holder. This will cause the blade to always turn and it won't declutch when I disengage the handle. I don't know the torque requirement or if there is a specification for the gap between the driven disk and the blade holder. This is a K4 model so it does not have a brake assembly with ball bearings. Would appreciate any help that you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Dutch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Robert, I got it all together yesterday and it works like a champ. Turns out the drive pulley was not fully seated to its upper half. Appreciate your reply and have a good week.