oil change issue

dude1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a newer Ferris IS600z, and when I change the oil, only about 1/2 of the oil drains out (about 30oz or so). There is a rubber hose that you can pull through a hole through the bottom, then unscrew the plug at the end of the hose to drain the oil into a container. I let the oil drain for maybe 1/2 hour and it slowed to barely a trickle if that. The mower takes 62-64 oz of oil, so I knew that only 1/2 drained out in that time since I drained it into a 64 oz container. I wouldn't expect it to take much longer than 1/2 hour for most of the oil to drain out. Any suggestions?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine at operating temperature, tilt the mower to position drain in lowest position, remove dip stick and apply a couple of pounds air pressure into dip stick tube.

dude1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine at operating temperature, tilt the mower to position drain in lowest position, remove dip stick and apply a couple of pounds air pressure into dip stick tube.

How long should it take for all the oil to drain out if positioned as you mentioned? I also don't have compressed air.

Jack17

Threads
Shop vac when you switch hose to exhaust port works really nice.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How long should it take for all the oil to drain out if positioned as you mentioned? I also don't have compressed air.

Hot oil , no air pressure 3 minutes. Hot oil with air , 1 minute 27 seconds.