New To Me Trailer Upgrade Ramp Lift

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so here is my new trailer. I want to do something different with the ramp. Im needing a little help with figuring out how much lifting force I will need to do it. I found a company that is doing it to new trailers and figured it would be easier for me to show you what I want. Im guessing the ramp weight is 125 lbs. So on with the pictures and the video of what I want to do. Im going to use a 12 volt linear actuator. Let me know what size actuator I will need.
trailer1.jpg
trailer2.jpg
trailer3.jpg
trailer4.jpg
trailer5.jpg
trailer6.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVs3Za8tCg

Pumper54

Threads
Guess you could weld up the bracket on the ramp then put a spring scale on it while you lift/lower the ramp to see what the scale says and then go from there. Ther must be a way to figure it out mathematically but it is all I can do to count to 21 using my fingers and toes.
Tom

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If you can remove the gate. You can weigh it on 4 bathroom scales. 1 on each corner of the gate. The weight of the gate will give you a good idea. Another method might be to get a weight of the gate downforce on scales while still attached to the trailer. If it has 100pounds weight on the ground it will certainly take 100 pounds of force to lift.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Its a neat set up. But I don't like the idea of a cylinder under the trailer to drag. My trailer drags somewhere everyday . I'd go with the gorilla lift system. On top of the side rails.or possible on the side. In your neck of the woods you have lots of hills which means lots of conditions where a trailer drags.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well the last post got me thinking. I could skid plat it. But why make it easier to scrape by putting it under the trailer. Now I'm thinking about putting springs in the hinge till I can open and close with one hand then mounting to the outside or the frame an actuator to open and close the ramp. That should get the force to open it very low and it will not add to the scraping factor. Might even mount some 5000 lbs wheels under the end of the trailer for scraping.