What does this spring go to?

thatoneguy2585

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm a little new to the ride on lawn mowers, I bought this with some parts missing. Makes for the hardest projects. It's a 2006 YardMachine RT99 LT Lawn Tractor. I was told it just needed a belt, upon further inspection, its missing a pulley on the deck for the upper belt and the spring in the picture was not attached to anything. I'm not sure where or what it attaches to and if I need another part. Any help would be much appreciated! The arrow points to the spring. Thanks!

20170219_191108.jpg

Jack17

Threads
If you'd give us serial and model #'s and deck size it shouldn't be too hard to figure it all out.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
some of the riders have a second arm that the idler pulley connects to. the spring went between those two arms. Acts like a shock absorber for the belt. Without knowing the exact model number I am only guessing about what is missing.

Jack17

Threads
Looks like yours missing a pulley.

Pay no attention to "wide, narrow" markings on that diagram...the pulley in the middle-back of the deck is marked wrong.

thatoneguy2585

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like yours missing a pulley.

Yes I knew I was missing a pulley, but didn't think it had a arm on it there. If that picture is correct for my model, I need a pulley and some sort of arm. Maybe #43 and #40?lawn snip.JPG

thatoneguy2585

Forum Newbie
Threads
Definitely hard to tell what i'm missing. The microfishe is pretty tricky on this one. I wish I could find a actual picture of a complete deck. I know where the missing pulley mounts, just not sure which mount and arm it is.

Hard to tell from your pic on what's missing. Take your tablet with this diagram to your garage and look closely at it one part at the time.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...elSearch&q=13AN601H729&searchTerm=13AN601H729

BTW...the MTD parts website is like the worst to find anything or navigate ever!!!