Snow blower Is It The Right Blower for My New 46"

daplatten

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought this blower used for $250.00 thinking I'd have to buy a couple of mounting brackets to make it work. Once I got under there it looks like it may only mount up to an older machine. The clutch assembly is hitting the steering gear. Is there a bracket to drop the clutch assembly? Or is this set up totaly wrong for this newer machine?

Snow Blower.jpg
Snow Blower 1.jpg
Snow Blower 2.jpg
Snow Blower 3.jpg
Snow Blower 4.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What are the model numbers off of each peice? It looks to me that you are crossing makes. Like its made for an MTD and you are putting it on an Husqvarna. Model numbers will confirm this. Or it could be new to old as well. Lots of changes on new equipment.

daplatten

Forum Newbie
Threads
What are the model numbers off of each peice? It looks to me that you are crossing makes. Like its made for an MTD and you are putting it on an Husqvarna. Model numbers will confirm this. Or it could be new to old as well. Lots of changes on new equipment.

The tractor is model #917.255830
The bummer is that I can't find any numbers on the blower it's self. It does say Craftsman on the blower.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
For sure you have a Husqvarna lawn mower. I think the mounting for the blower is MTD. So without some tinkering you don't have a match. No with that said I would remove pulleys from the snow blower in the back and attempt an attachment to the mower. If you can get it to attach then you can try and put the pulleys underneath and see if that works. It is all guess work from here. Just remember that Craftsman makes nothing. They have other manufactures make it for them. So if something says it will fit a craftsman it will completely depend on model numbers. One more thing. The snow blower looks like it goes on a GT tractor not a lawn mower like you have.

HughDaHand

Threads
What you have is an old Haban made snowblower attachment, they went out of business in the mid 90's. It would be a much better fit if your lawnmower was 20-30 years older. It was made to fit the models with the frame that left a hump between your legs while sitting. Getting it to fit your mower is probably going to involve making custom mounts at the very least.

100_0554.jpg

daplatten

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that's just awesome BlazNT & HughDaHand. Awesome I got the answer I was looking for. I thought it might be for an older model. Not so awesome I have a yard decoration now. I have the equipment to fab and weld some jerry rig set up but not the time, I'll put up for sale and go from there. I think winter is bout done here in Utah this year so I'll get the right one by next winter. I just bought this mower last April when we bought this house. First ride on mower, so I maybe back for some of your expertise. Thanks again for your help