85harley

Threads
Hi, I am a new member and want to share a little about myself. I am going to turn 66 the first week of April. I am a retired heavy equipment operator, and I am proud to have served in the Army from Jan 71 to Jan73. I ride a Honda Valkyrie and fish when I can. My mowers are a new Cub Cadet and a 1996 John Deere 345 that has not run in a year but I hope to change that soon. I am sure I will have many questions for you guys and I will surely appreciate every reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi, I am a new member and want to share a little about myself. I am going to turn 66 the first week of April. I am a retired heavy equipment operator, and I am proud to have served in the Army from Jan 71 to Jan73. I ride a Honda Valkyrie and fish when I can. My mowers are a new Cub Cadet and a 1996 John Deere 345 that has not run in a year but I hope to change that soon. I am sure I will have many questions for you guys and I will surely appreciate every reply.

:welcome:

That was one of the better models of Deere lawn tractors.
If you want to spring for it the JD manual is better than most text books.

85harley

Threads

That was one of the better models of Deere lawn tractors.
If you want to spring for it the JD manual is better than most text books.

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at a manual, they are a little pricey but I do need one because I enjoy piddling on the 345 and I want to do it right.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There was a link to some downloadable ones a while back.
JD usually shut down illegal free downloads so they might not still be available.
search for manuals and see what turns up.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads

Happy to have you here.