Help me price a 2008 Husqvarna LZ5227 Zero Turn

ironmanix

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in the market for a new Zero Turn. I'm cutting about 1.5 acres.

Friend of mine referred me to his brother who heard that I was in the market. He's recently divorced, no longer owns grass to cut, and has this machine in heated storage.

Machine is 2008 Husqvarna LZ5227. 27 HP Kohler, 52" cutting deck. 175 hrs. He bought it used from someone with 12 hours on it. Guy is a handy guy, clearly kept up with maintenance, etc..

Went to see it today, fired right up, looks great. He replaced a pump of some sort on the left steering control.

Assuming everything is in order, what would be the reasonable and appropriate price range on a mower like this one? Bear in mind, I have no idea - so I'm looking at an even very rough range. Just trying to get an idea.

https://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/new_vehicle_detail.asp?VehicleCode=102841&st=ME&Go=Go

mower.jpg For the life of me I can't figure out why this photo keeps going in upside down. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Jack17

Threads
I don't wanna sound like a broken record but that machine does not look like a 175 hour machine to me unless he used it for war and it just got shipped back from Afghanistan. The thing about "some left steering pump that he replaced" that's a $1K item to replace and they don't normally go out after 175 hours. Anyway, look around "Craig's list" or otherwise and see if you can find something comparable with respects to age and condition and base your decision on that...in regards to the $$$ amount of-course. Quick search on CL I've found a '08 Cub Cadet Tank (same quality as yours) with 250h on it for $2.5K.

Last edited:

primerbulb120

Threads
Doesn't look like 175 hours to me either. My Gravely has over 400 hours on it and it's in much better shape. I would keep looking if I were you.