New Owner of a YTA24V48

FLEA

Threads
Just picked her up yesterday evening so I have only driven her to the garage, but what I see so far I really like. I will keep ya'll updated on how she holds up. I hope to do some cutting this weekend. Any pointers on maintenance and general upkeep of the mower would be greatly appreciated.

deminin

Threads
Just picked her up yesterday evening so I have only driven her to the garage, but what I see so far I really like. I will keep ya'll updated on how she holds up. I hope to do some cutting this weekend. Any pointers on maintenance and general upkeep of the mower would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to check all the "lube" points, to make sure that the steering and spindles, etc., are all properly greased. I also find it wise to run the engine for about 10 hours, then replace the oil and filter...a new engine will almost always create some small metal filings as it breaks in. A good cleaning after use is also a good idea, IMO. I always take the leaf blower and blow all the dust and dirt out of the entire mower before putting it back in the workshop...if I've been into any wet grass, and there are any clumps left in the deck, I hook up the hose fitting, and wash out the underside of the deck. A little care and Preventative Maintenance can make a lot of difference in how long the mower will last.

FLEA

Threads
Well, I have had her for almost 8 months and I have to say this mower is AWESOME!! I have cut and hauled lawn debris before and after a couple of hurricanes and I honestly say I have had not one single issue with it. I am about to do a 10 hour oil and filter change on her maybe this weekend. She starts right up and cuts like a pro. I think I have even shaved some time off the cut time because it is really fast and turns on a dime. I probably have a few more mows left before it gets too cool to mow. Anyway, great mower and I hope to get many years of use out of her.

deminin

Threads
Well, I have had her for almost 8 months and I have to say this mower is AWESOME!! I have cut and hauled lawn debris before and after a couple of hurricanes and I honestly say I have had not one single issue with it. I am about to do a 10 hour oil and filter change on her maybe this weekend. She starts right up and cuts like a pro. I think I have even shaved some time off the cut time because it is really fast and turns on a dime. I probably have a few more mows left before it gets too cool to mow. Anyway, great mower and I hope to get many years of use out of her.

Yup, this series of Husqvarna is probably one of the best buys in homeowner mowers...especially for the price. I've put over 70 hours on mine, so far this year, and will probably add another 5 before it goes into hibernation for the Winter. I have a small trickle charger for the battery, and I hook that up 2 or 3 times a week while I'm doing some other work, and I start the mower and let it run for a few minutes every week...that way, when Spring comes, it's ready to go.

Yuromastic

Forum Newbie
Threads
To you guys that have one of these tractors... What are your thoughts on the RS800 transmission? Can't find much info out there. Thanks.

deminin

Threads
To you guys that have one of these tractors... What are your thoughts on the RS800 transmission? Can't find much info out there. Thanks.

This model used to be a YTH24v48....and is now the YTA24V48....due to the change in transmissions...I think. I have the older YTH, and everything is working fine...so far.

fasttrac

Forum Newbie
Threads
The YTA model is 100 lbs. lighter than the YTA model where did they reduce the weight.

Luffydog

Threads
Those trans are plastic and don't hold up to good. Trash gets in under the trans rod and when you put your foot on it to go it won't and when u try to force it they will break. Got three I the shop now broke down that have to have the debree up date kit. Stay busy with those all year.