Velocity Decks Lifespan

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have three Tiger Cat Scags. The oldest was purchased in July of 2014. It has over 1200 hours on it. I pulled the deck out from under it a few days ago to go over the back scalping rolls that were work out. It is completely work out. It is worn through on the top. We welded a patch on the top of it last summer. The baffles that are in the back are worn through and the top is worn through.

How many of you guys have these decks with hours on them that have gone?

They are incredible as far as cutting grass. It is unfortunate that I am going to have to replace a deck so soon. almost $1300 worth.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have three Tiger Cat Scags. The oldest was purchased in July of 2014. It has over 1200 hours on it. I pulled the deck out from under it a few days ago to go over the back scalping rolls that were work out. It is completely work out. It is worn through on the top. We welded a patch on the top of it last summer. The baffles that are in the back are worn through and the top is worn through.

How many of you guys have these decks with hours on them that have gone?

They are incredible as far as cutting grass. It is unfortunate that I am going to have to replace a deck so soon. almost $1300 worth.

Foot note to this post.

I got some metal rolled and put it in place lining the baffles under this deck. I then reinstalled it under this mower and we have run it about 40 hours with NO issues.

GoPappy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you cutting in very sandy soil?

I've heard from lots of folks with 2,000 - 3,000 hours on Velocity + decks, and never heard of one of them wearing through like yours.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've heard from lots of folks with 2,000 - 3,000 hours on Velocity + decks, and never heard of one of them wearing through like yours.

I run in some of about every kind of soil you can name. I ran a dang discharge cover and gator blades on it two winters cutting up leaves and that might have played a major part in it as well.

On a side note however we welded the inserts in it and it is cutting great.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Scag says that that I am running high lift blades and that is the problem forgot to add that in the last post also.