HR215 ED 3 speed stuck in 2...

EVW

Forum Newbie
Threads
HR215 ED 3 speed stuck in 2-Any one else experience this? What's the remedy? Will not change to 1 or 3, and wheels stay at same rpm. I store with handle in vertical position, which some times effects the throttle cable. Throttle works ok. Wondering whether this storage also has contributed to the speed cable maybe having a problem. Everything else is okay. Or, is the speed problem in the clutch and transmission?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK, I was hoping that Robert would chime in but you will have to put up with me.

215 gearbox.jpg
Click on the diagram above & print it out.
The bit that changes the gear is item 24
This moves item 8 which allows the two keys Item 10 to lock into the square slots on the gears
Items 18-19 & 20.
Changing gears while moving can break these keys which will jamb the gears.
The springs ( item 3 ) occasionally break which will also jamb the gears.

Externally you can get debris stuck around the cable cleat ( item 27 ) and if the cable moves but the box does not change gears then the clamp nut & bolt ( 53 & 54) might have vibrated loose.

This is a very robust box ( not as good as the 2 speed it replaced ) and down here is used by a lot of commercial lawn care contractors.

EVW

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, I was hoping that Robert would chime in but you will have to put up with me.

View attachment 31082
Click on the diagram above & print it out.
The bit that changes the gear is item 24
This moves item 8 which allows the two keys Item 10 to lock into the square slots on the gears
Items 18-19 & 20.
Changing gears while moving can break these keys which will jamb the gears.
The springs ( item 3 ) occasionally break which will also jamb the gears.

Externally you can get debris stuck around the cable cleat ( item 27 ) and if the cable moves but the box does not change gears then the clamp nut & bolt ( 53 & 54) might have vibrated loose.

This is a very robust box ( not as good as the 2 speed it replaced ) and down here is used by a lot of commercial lawn care contractors.
thanks for the advice. I'll dig in this week end.