Troy Bilt Pony

RangerJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 Troy Bilt Pony that has been issue free until last year,I replaced the solenoid and it started and ran good for a while,then it would only spin the engine once when I turned the key and stop and then repeat,so I replaced the starter and it it started again,but each time it hesitated like the battery was weak,but the battery test good and stays on a Battery tender year round.Then it quit cranking again,same syptoms,so I repaced the solenoid again and it worked again.NOW today it all started again with the same issue of spin and stop.Can anyone tell me what to check or do now? Thanks:mad:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Without knowing what engine you I can only give general information. Most likely you need to adjust the valves, especially if you have a briggs engine.

nova2

Threads
I have a 2009 Troy Bilt Pony that has been issue free until last year,I replaced the solenoid and it started and ran good for a while,then it would only spin the engine once when I turned the key and stop and then repeat,so I replaced the starter and it it started again,but each time it hesitated like the battery was weak,but the battery test good and stays on a Battery tender year round.Then it quit cranking again,same syptoms,so I repaced the solenoid again and it worked again.NOW today it all started again with the same issue of spin and stop.Can anyone tell me what to check or do now? Thanks:mad:

I had to put a manual fuel shut off on mine. Carb would leak fuel into cylinder and it would not start. Try pulling plug and turn motor over and then replace spark plug and see if it starts. Hope this helps

RangerJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
The valves needed adjusting and that fixed my problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's a seasonal thing with Briggs ..!!

No it is an initial service item that never gets done at dealerships on the few occasions that the owner actually brings in the mower for the in warranty service.
Briggs glueing on the rocker covers does not help being that there is around 1/2 just to clean off the silicon and there is only 1 hr paid for labour.
The ones I have adjusted when I started have run fine for 4 years.
There is only 1 that gives me grief and that one is with a "mower Abuser ".
You know the type , if the mower is loosing power and running slow , check where the oil used to be.