JD STX38 front wheel alignment.

Jack17

Threads
Appreciate the support...is either that or a lot of beer!:licking:

Jack17

Threads
Engine: cleaned and blasted with air. Oil sump flushed out. Fresh oil and filter. Carburetor cleaned and adjusted. Throttle cable lubed and adjusted. Starter cleaned and lubed internally...$12.

Deck: blasted, d-greased, zinc coded and painted JD yellow. New spindle and double pulley bearings. New idlers and deck belts. New anti-scalp wheels...$80.

Wheels: new front bearings, steering adjustment and modification...$20

Transmission: drained and filled with 1/2 grease and 1/2 85W145...waiting for a primary pulley to arrive to finish it...$50

A day out on the Sun (65F in Chicago right now) after 3 months of Winter, six pack of beer, working on a 27 y/o tractor just because I had noting better to do and dirty finger nails at the end of the day...priceless!!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a good day to me.

NerdyFatGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the parts I circled in red and make sure they are all straight and not bent. I have seen them bent way more than once.
View attachment 31064

You may be long gone from here, but thank you all the same. Misjudged a tight turn and slammed the left front tire into a phone pole, I'm sure something's bent and this diagram is going to help me this weekend.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may be long gone from here, but thank you all the same. Misjudged a tight turn and slammed the left front tire into a phone pole, I'm sure something's bent and this diagram is going to help me this weekend.

No, I am still here. If you need anything this weekend just let us know.