Tecumseh 9.5 HP Starter Cord Stuck

LRS52200

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a Troy Bilt 9528 Storm King 2 stage snow thrower with a Tecumseh 9.5 HP engine. It was working fine day before yesterday during the storm we had here in New York...until I got to the end of the driveway where the guys from our local DOT found it necessary to plow me in 3 times.....grrrrrr. But we all know how that works around here. Long story short, because of the wet, heavy snow the augur kept getting stuck no matter how slow I went and at one point the engine began bogging down and it stalled. Before turning it back on I made sure there was gas and oil in it (because this had never happened before). The unit is probably around 9 years old. There was about 1/2 tank of gas and plenty of oil and so I started up the driveway to the garage where I shut it off and went inside to warm up.

When I came out about an hour later, the started cord was stuck. It absolutely will not budge. I read that this is a common problem with this machine and that if I pulled the spark plug, it should release the cord. Well, it didn't. It is stuck hard and I have no idea what to try next.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what to try next because I've searched the internet for hours now and cannot find even one suggestion.

Thank you.
~Pamela

LRS52200

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Tecumseh 9.5 HP Starter Cord Stuck/RESOLVED

I fixed it.

I pulled the plug, squirted some liquid wrench into the cylinder, waited about 2 minutes and voila! String pulled out just as nice as you please.:laughing: