Scag Liberty Z opinions?

Own Goal

Threads
A good dealer fixed it in 24 hours. Didn't need the three week sunshine treatment before looking at it. My original dealer here in Keller always liked to let it sit for three weeks when you brought back their bad work. Trying to teach me a lesson I guess.:thumbdown:
Problem: ruptured diaphragm in fuel pump. Gasoline would just run right into head # two then into the crankcase. Going to pick it up in the morning.
The really good dealer I'll use from now on: Foreman's in North Richland Hills, Tx.:thumbsup:

mhavanti

Threads
Glad you found your guy. Now, you need to make a youtube video in the form of a review. Be very careful how you form your sentences as he may want to play games in the litigation arena.

Own Goal

Threads
Not going to drop the bomb on those jerks. Just give a Thumbs up to the good guys. I will probably send them an email or even a letter. They will just not see me or my $ again. I'm going to calm down before I rub their nose in it.

auto5

Forum Newbie
Threads
After a lot of research and testing out mowers at many dealers, I went with the Liberty Z. Just got it, only mowed twice but this thing is awesome !

I've mowed ~2 acres on my buddy's place with ZTR's (MTD and Husqv). Very subpar in comparison.

The Liberty is way more than I need for my place, but felt I'd pay up now vs later on a budget ZTR that'll likely break down.

Actually look forward to mowing now :laughing:

And of course I want w/ the Kawi !!

War Eagle

Threads
Seat switch connectors?

I'm adding a suspension and slide track kit to our Liberty Z seat (very comfy seat on the flat, just needs a little more shock absorption when things get rough around the edges). The wiring harness to the seat safety switch (4 wire) will need to be re-routed and looks like it will be about 4" short of connecting. Rather than cut and splice in more length to each of the 4 wires, I'd rather fabricate a 4-wire 6" extension, but I can't find correct male and female connectors. Anyone have any idea where I can find connectors that will just "plug-and-play"?
DSC09995.jpg

mhavanti

Threads
Wareagle,

I can help you out with a resolution. These are what I use for adding connections to my mowers. On my Hustler RSD60, I used male and female spade connectors, heat shrink tubing. Extended the wire length, placed the female spade connectors on the males, added wire, crimped, then soldered. Then double heat shrink wrapped the connections.

The following link will also make things much easier than the way I did my Hustler. These are what I'm using to add things such as LED lights, 12v power sockets, switches, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-3-4-5-...72.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.X2.TRS1.TSS0

Go to Youtube, look up MaxsGarajMahal and take a look at the installation of the seat suspension kit. Easy peasy.

Max

Lawn Addict
Threads
So any Liberty Z updates ? Inquiring minds wanna know.. (or at least I do).

War Eagle

Threads
So any Liberty Z updates ? Inquiring minds wanna know.. (or at least I do).
Loving it! And so is my wife! Super comfy seat with great lower back support. Since our property has some really rough spots, we're adding a spring suspension/slider seat system - I just need to fabricate a 4-wire extension for the rider-presence seat switch. Super easy to service (refuel, change blades, change oil). Need to occasionally scrape slight build-up of clippings from under the deck, but what mower doesn't need that from time to time? Looking into adding a third party small LED headlight (way cheaper than the OEM's halogen headlight option) to the front crossbeam so we can shift our mowing later into the cooler evening time here in the deep South. My only complaint is that it's a bit tricky to check and adjust tire pressure in the small front tires secured within big metal flanges. Not a lot of room to maneuver air tools in there. But all-in-all, the Liberty-Z is a definite keeper for us!

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
WarEagle,

Glad you have that rascal riding better. I surely couldn't handle mine any longer without those upgrades.

I'm going to do a step by step video on LED front and rear lights you may be interested in. I already put some rear Red LED Strobe lights and they not only look great, they work even better.

Here is the link to the video I demonstrated them in. Fast forward to a bit past mid way and it will show them working on a RC Airplane Lithium Polymer battery that isn't even close to correct voltage. So, put your imagination to work to see how bright they were on 12 volts.

If you can't find a source for what you're looking for, give me a private message. I ordered 3 more pair for all my machinery. I probably could spare one for you. I also have some really neat flat 6" long ultra bright daylight LEDs laying around I've been putting into my SUVs for interior lighting when in DC in the government underground parking structures. You can definitely see when those are on. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohVGjmxlyls&t=20s

mhavanti

Threads
WarEagle,

Glad you have that rascal riding better. I surely couldn't handle mine any longer without those upgrades.

I'm going to do a step by step video on LED front and rear lights you may be interested in. I already put some rear Red LED Strobe lights and they not only look great, they work even better.

Here is the link to the video I demonstrated them in. Fast forward to a bit past mid way around 13:25 it will show them working on a RC Airplane Lithium Polymer battery that isn't even close to correct voltage. You should be able to see a tiny red dot above the fuel filler cap. That is the light! Really neat, really small and out of the way mounted on the side of the seat. So, put your imagination to work to see how bright they were on 12 volts.

If you can't find a source for what you're looking for, send me a private message. I ordered 3 more pair for all my machinery. I probably could spare one for you. I also have some really neat flat 6" long ultra bright daylight LEDs laying around I've been putting into my SUVs for interior lighting when in DC in the government underground parking structures. You can definitely see when those are on. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohVGjmxlyls&t=20s