New Zero Turn? Need help!

Threads
Cruzenmike,

You seem to have been doing your homework, but you are overlooking some very good and simple options. Have you looked into Kgro riding mowers? They are made for Kmart, but are actually built by Craftsman. I've had mine since 1998 and this machine is hands down the fastest and most reliable riding mower ever built. IMO these riding tractors put all the fancy zero-turn mowers to shame. I even used to professionally race mine and believe me, you should be wearing a helmet when you mow with this baby. As far as attachments go... I have pulled rollers, aerators, boats, you name it. I even pulled out a pickup truck that was stuck in the mud. I do have to admit that the glass clipping trajectory is on the lower end, which is quite frustrating, however I do compensate by custom sharpening my blades to 3 degree angled edges. The lateral adjustability of the deck and deck components are much better than the junky exmark or cub cadets you can get today. If you are looking for the answer, then look no further. I've spent years researching and know pretty much everything there is to know about mowers and tractors, even snow blowers. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. I love to help people who are new and in-experienced in the mowing and landscaping industry

-KC

cruzenmike

Threads
I have surely overlooked a lot of models that simply didn't have the power, deck size or consumer reviews that were to my liking. With that being said, I ended up buying the Cub Cadet GT50 because of the price and it being able to work with my existing attachments. Before I could even gas it up for the first time, my step dad gave me his ExMark. This forced me to completely re-think my situation. So, I am going to return the GT50, keep the LTX1050 and fix up the ExMark.

Mike

LittleLebowski

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cruzenmike,

You seem to have been doing your homework, but you are overlooking some very good and simple options. Have you looked into Kgro riding mowers? They are made for Kmart, but are actually built by Craftsman. I've had mine since 1998 and this machine is hands down the fastest and most reliable riding mower ever built. IMO these riding tractors put all the fancy zero-turn mowers to shame. I even used to professionally race mine and believe me, you should be wearing a helmet when you mow with this baby. As far as attachments go... I have pulled rollers, aerators, boats, you name it. I even pulled out a pickup truck that was stuck in the mud. I do have to admit that the glass clipping trajectory is on the lower end, which is quite frustrating, however I do compensate by custom sharpening my blades to 3 degree angled edges. The lateral adjustability of the deck and deck components are much better than the junky exmark or cub cadets you can get today. If you are looking for the answer, then look no further. I've spent years researching and know pretty much everything there is to know about mowers and tractors, even snow blowers. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. I love to help people who are new and in-experienced in the mowing and landscaping industry

-KC

That "brand" is long gone and Sears is nearly bankrupt.

Threads
Kgro is no longer made that is correct, however there are plenty of used machines out there that are well maintained and extremely affordable. Cruzenmike, have you ever looked into eBay? There are nice machines on there that might be worth your hard-earned dollars. Exmark replacement parts and labor on those mowers are VERY expensive! You'd probably be better off selling that and buying another brand off eBay. You will save so much money that you can have custom blades forged and even get other attachments such as a plow and a nice light bar. Have you ever mowed at night? It is extremely efficient seeing as grass blades are dormant and relaxed when photosynthesis is not in its active phase. Just don't cut too long after dusk or the moisture and biodegradation from the clippings sitting overnight will negatively impact the ph levels in your soil. A good Light bar is a must have for anyone looking to maximize the output of their machines and quality of their cut.