Maintenance-Free Gearbox

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got a trimmer attachment that doesn't have a grease fitting on the end. I found it strange since my other one has a fitting for greasing. I checked the manual and it says that it is maintenance free if there isn't any fitting. Is there a way around this so that I can grease it? I can't believe that this trimmer head will survive years of trimming without and add of grease. It's the Stihl FS-KM attachment.

mikeypizano

Threads
I've got a trimmer attachment that doesn't have a grease fitting on the end. I found it strange since my other one has a fitting for greasing. I checked the manual and it says that it is maintenance free if there isn't any fitting. Is there a way around this so that I can grease it? I can't believe that this trimmer head will survive years of trimming without and add of grease. It's the Stihl FS-KM attachment.

I just looked at my new one, and no fitting either. I didn't get the manual with it though...

javjacob

Threads
What models are your trimmers?
My new Stihl FS94R has a bolt you remove to grease it.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy the KM end. Power head is 1 year old (94) and the other about 1.5 years old (90)

The trimmer that has no lube hole is from 2016. The one with the lube hole is from 2014.