Mower will not shut off

Walli DM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LX279 mower with a kawasaki 17 horse v twin OHV liquid cooled engine. It will not shut off with the key. I have been shutting it off by unhooking the negitive cable from the battery. Is this a computer board problem or some thing else. It is not a magnito ignition because it has a coil ignition on it. I can work on just about anything but just need to know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated Thank you

Jack17

Threads
Must be a bad kill relay, wire or ground. Looks like at the relay three wires (yellow, green and white) go in and two black wires come out of it and are grounded. Check wiring, check relay, make sure (two blk wires) are properly grounded.

BTW, don't disconnect battery in order to kill it cause you might damage voltage regulator.

Walli DM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LX279 mower with a kawasaki 17 horse v twin OHV liquid cooled engine. It will not shut off with the key. I have been shutting it off by unhooking the negitive cable from the battery. Is this a computer board problem or some thing else. It is not a magnito ignition because it has a coil ignition on it. I can work on just about anything but just need to know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated Thank you

This mower has a circuit board that hooks up to the ignition switch. I can not find a seperate relay any where with the yellow green and white wires going in and the two black coming out. Down on the engine where the battery ground attaches there are two black wires that go into the wire loom. They have a good ground. The ignition switch seems to have current on all posts on the back in every position could that be the problem? But i started the engine and unhooked the power to the switch and it stayed running but if the switch is bad it may not have the ability to kill the engine??? Could still be a bad relay but would i have to replace the whole curcuit board then?