2012 Cub Cadet RZT 50 won't start.

dakotanut

Threads
I bought it used. First time to cut and it died and never did start up. Everything works but the Kohler 25 horse engine wouldn't start. Had to take it somewhere and have it worked on. They got it fixed. Now today I noticed the seat switch was unwired from the seat. So I reconnected it. Now it won't start. The switch is good. It works fine. Its a zero turn mower if that helps. Thanks.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Unhook the switch and see if it works. Also check your fuses.

dakotanut

Threads
I have disconnected the switch and it cranks and tries but no running engine. The switch is made when sitting on the seat and open when you get off. Not sure if the mower uses a NO or NC contact. Seems like a lot of fuel inside where the filter sits. In fact its pooling in the plastic housing. Choke, no choke. Min throttle, max throttle. Its all the same. Im tired of this thing not running. NOT spending another dime on it.

dakotanut

Threads
I can't find any of the electronics to start the stupid thing. All I can see is the battery, start switch, and some of the sensors for the handles and stuff. I'm really frustrated now. When I was mowing yesterday, it just shut off several times. In fact 3 times. Just mowing along and it dies. I had to put the throttle at min and crank until it started. Took awhile but seems this is the only way to start it when it happens. Today I mowed a lot and it ran fine. When I got done I washed the deck off and now no start. I started and ran it over to where I washed it off at.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Washed it cold or hot? Sometimes the relays get wet and short out. Also the water can get into the coils.Rivets or Bert or a few others will help you more than I can

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove the spark plugs and reattach them to the wires. ground the plug against the engine and see if you have fire. You run die problem could be related to either a float valve not sealing sometimes, or you may have some water in the fuel tank that is getting picked up causing it to die, and then start after getting the water cranked out of it.

dakotanut

Threads
I place I had it repairs at fixed it for me. It runs great now unless the battery cables break at the connectors. I've fixed them all and got the battery hold down for it so that doesn't happen anymore. Still have to choke it every time I want to start it.