Toro or cub cadet

csmlet

Threads
I am still looking for a residential zero turn 42 - 46 inch mower, Think I have narrowed my choices to a Toro or Cub Cadet. Both are same price, same trans, same motor. For any of you that has experienced either one or both of these please weigh in and tell me your opinions. Thanks.

Captain Slow

Threads
I am still looking for a residential zero turn 42 - 46 inch mower, Think I have narrowed my choices to a Toro or Cub Cadet. Both are same price, same trans, same motor. For any of you that has experienced either one or both of these please weigh in and tell me your opinions. Thanks.

I'm kind of in the same boat. From my little bit of shopping, it seems like the toro chassis is a bit stronger than the cub cadet RZT. The ones that I have seen in the same price range seem to have Kohler engines on the cub cadets and the "toro" chinese engine on the toros. Both have a good warranty I doubt either will be the weak point. Flip a coin guess.

NorthBama

Threads
What about the mowing decks are they the same a stamped or fabricated

csmlet

Threads
Both I am looking at are stamped decks, which is what I want. Smoother cut with a stamped deck, IMO. Also, been cutting grass for a good number of years starting with old B&S push mowers and have had John Deere, Murry, TroyBilt, and some other off brands and have never bent or rusted out a stamped deck. I must say though, I don't have many trees and no rocks to cut around. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Alaguy

Threads
Toro makes a SS4225, 42 inch deck, it also has a Kohler engine. It is a V-twin engine. 22 hp.

NorthBama

Threads
Another thing to look at is the air filtration system on the engine. ZTR make for a lot of dust in the hot Alabama summertime climate.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last I knew Toro does not make a 46" Z, I have a (2014) Toro 42" SS4260, & love it. Replaced a bigger riding tractor, but I get done in about 1/2 the time as I used to.

My reply is biased obviously, but I like the Toro. And on my Kawasaki V2 Engine it has a nice pre-filter, which helps.

Which Dealer is closer for you ?

csmlet

Threads
After much research, to include this forum, internet reviews, talking to anyone I saw with a zero turn, I finally bit the bullet today and settled on the Cub Cadet, RZT L42 with the 23 HP Kohler engine. I have been looking at Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Toro, John Deere and Hustler. All are close to same price and engines vary from B & S, Kohler, and Kawasaki. All except the Hustler have stamped decks. I narrowed my choice down to the ones that had dealer support close by, which is Cub Cadet and Husqvarna. Went to both dealers this morning and was just not comfortable talking to the Husqvarna dealer, he seemed to be more interested in selling the big commercial machines than a residential one. The Cub dealers let me drive one and introduced me to the service manager. The Cub dealer is about 5 miles from my home while the others service centers are over 50. Now you know my decision, hope I made the right choice. What say you?

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know having Dealer Support handy is always a plus. And seems they are interested in making you happy. I say enjoy the new Machine.:thumbsup:

I agree if Husq shop weren't interested in talking to you for the Husq since it was not commercial, then they wouldn't get my $$ either..