portable generator

LandN

Threads
being that a portable generator has to be ready to run anytimeit is needed,how do you all deal with the gasoline situation in the tank.do yourun it dryafter each usage,orstart it /run it once a month to keep it limbered up?i know its not like a mower or snowblower where you can prep it and store it for the off season.it has to be ready at a moments notice anytime during the year.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
being that a portable generator has to be ready to run anytimeit is needed,how do you all deal with the gasoline situation in the tank.do yourun it dryafter each usage,orstart it /run it once a month to keep it limbered up?i know its not like a mower or snowblower where you can prep it and store it for the off season.it has to be ready at a moments notice anytime during the year.

My 10 hp 6250 watt Coleman, start and run for 10 minutes once a month, also plug in a pair of big shop vacs during running time to put a load on the charging part. Prefer to keep treated fuel in it myself. Others may prefer to drain theirs.

grnspot110

Threads
I use Seafoam in all my small engine gas, never had any problems with storage! ~~ grnspot

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I keep gas treatment in mine, run it about once a month. I have a fuel cut off and I run all the fuel out of the carb.:thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
My 10 hp 6250 watt Coleman, start and run for 10 minutes once a month, also plug in a pair of big shop vacs during running time to put a load on the charging part. Prefer to keep treated fuel in it myself. Others may prefer to drain theirs.

THATSwhat i should be doing,putting a load on it :confused2: to keep that portion limbered up. i probably should add some additive like in some of my other stuff.last night i ran it 3 hours(longest time in 4 years)during an outage and was nervous because of lack of help in the way of a gas additive.luckily it ran like a champ... thanks all for the help