T2 problem

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna LTH 1438 riding mower that will not go F or R. I'm pretty sure it has a Hydo gear T2 transaxle in it but can't find any more info then that. The mower is out of gear even with the by-pass valve in or out. I have the trans off the mower and need help determining what my problem is. The dealer said it was a sealed unit with no servicable parts inside but that's not the case. The oil level looks pretty good ( about an inch or so from the filler hole. Could it be something related to the by-pass valve? What do I need to look for? JoeN

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Husqvarna LTH 1438 riding mower that will not go F or R. I'm pretty sure it has a Hydo gear T2 transaxle in it but can't find any more info then that. The mower is out of gear even with the by-pass valve in or out. I have the trans off the mower and need help determining what my problem is. The dealer said it was a sealed unit with no servicable parts inside but that's not the case. The oil level looks pretty good ( about an inch or so from the filler hole. Could it be something related to the by-pass valve? What do I need to look for? JoeN

MIGHT find your answer in here ... Boobala :smile:
..................http://www.hydro-gear.com/d73d63637...hp-t3-hd-integrated-hydrostatic-transaxle.pdf

There should be a tag or sticker with identifying info. on it somewhere on your trans. THAT would help...
are you sure of the trans. make, model... you may have a GENERAL TRANSMISSIONS CVT trans. in that mower

Please let US in the forum know how things work out...

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
MIGHT find your answer in here ... Boobala :smile:
..................http://www.hydro-gear.com/d73d63637...hp-t3-hd-integrated-hydrostatic-transaxle.pdf

There should be a tag or sticker with identifying info. on it somewhere on your trans. THAT would help...
are you sure of the trans. make, model... you may have a GENERAL TRANSMISSIONS CVT trans. in that mower

Please let US in the forum know how things work out...

There was a stick on lable that is unreadable. The numbers 52860RM is raised on one side of the trans and 52861RM on the other. A T2 marking is on the trans as well. I've seen pictures of a T2 trans and they look alike.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
There was a stick on lable that is unreadable. The numbers 52860RM is raised on one side of the trans and 52861RM on the other. A T2 marking is on the trans as well. I've seen pictures of a T2 trans and they look alike.

Did you click on the link in my previous post..?? It's the manual for the Hydro-Gear T2 transaxle..

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did and downloaded and printed the whole manual. It does really address my problem, why the mower is out of gear even when the by-pass valve is in. What can I expect when I seperate the housing? What should be checked once I do? Has this problem not occured with anyone else?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did and downloaded and printed the whole manual. It does really address my problem, why the mower is out of gear even when the by-pass valve is in. What can I expect when I seperate the housing? What should be checked once I do? Has this problem not occurred with anyone else?

I THINK you meant... it does NOT really address the problem... anyway, I personally have never worked on one of these Hydro-Gear trannys, I can only assume that while the unit was still in the mower you checked the belts ..
pulleys, fluid, and specifically .... the controlling linkages ?? Now that the unit is out I would at least check the BY-Pass control linkage and the return to neutral assy. here are a few links to some you-tube vids of trans repairs that may give you some insight as to whats awaiting you during your repair . Might I suggest... you take MANY , MANY, MANY pictures during the DIS-assembly... process ..they will be VERY valuable later , during inspection and RE assembly..

...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YqGwDqIrPc

...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6kIcGY0IU

...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o46FYudtAuc

the last one has 4 parts to it ...scroll through that video to locate the other 3 ......
Patience .. it takes time to go through something new the first time .. Boobala

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
The tranny I have is marked: T2-AABC-1X1A-1GX1 418219
9120K40047

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
The tranny I have is marked: T2-AABC-1X1A-1GX1 418219
9120K40047

I have the tranny apart and behind the filter is the by-pass valv
e. One ball bearing is up but the other is down. Is this normal, or should they both be up? The tranny is not going into gear, either with engine running or not. Not with bypass valve in or out.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The two things under the filter are the check valves. They are both the same part number so I would say one of them is not working properly. It has been awhile since I have been inside of one of those, but I am thinking they should both be down to prevent the pump from pushing the fluid back into the filter.

The balls work in a way that allows fluid to flow through them from the filter side into the pump. but not allow fluid to flow back out into the filter. One check valve opens at a time depending on what direction you push the lever to operate the swatch plate.

JoeN

Forum Newbie
Threads
The two things under the filter are the check valves. They are both the same part number so I would say one of them is not working properly. It has been awhile since I have been inside of one of those, but I am thinking they should both be down to prevent the pump from pushing the fluid back into the filter.

The balls work in a way that allows fluid to flow through them from the filter side into the pump. but not allow fluid to flow back out into the filter. One check valve opens at a time depending on what direction you push the lever to operate the swatch plate.

One ball is on a spring and the other is free floating. Don't see anything out of the ordinary there.