Suggestions for new mower

Partsman41953

Threads
Hello,

It is getting close to that time of the year again and I am in the market for a new mower. I presently have a 3 year old Toro 20333 mower which is in excellent condition but my yard is sloped and I have Zoysia grass and the mower just sinks into the lawn and basically does not go anywhere. I am looking for a decent RWD mower and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I am also looking to sell the mower I have now if anyone is interested.

Thanks

primerbulb120

Threads
I know what you mean about the thick Zoysia grass. Does the mower just sit there with the wheels spinning, or do the wheels not spin at all?

Partsman41953

Threads
The lawn mower works fine on our back yard which is just regular grass but with the front yard being really thick and soft the mower just sits there with the wheels spinning and you basically have to push it without the help of the self propel. I cannot really blame the mower as it is working as it should but not good for the slope or type of grass on my lawn which I had no clue of when I purchased it.

primerbulb120

Threads
You'd get better traction if you had bigger wheels or more aggressive tread. I would suggest going to your local Honda dealer and getting a demo HRX217VKA to try. Honda HRX mowers have bigger wheels and a better drive system than the Toros do.

Other than that, my only other suggestions would be a riding mower or a lawn service.