Mower deck Tire size / YTH22V46

Rch33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello: I've owned a Husqvarna YTH22V46 for two years & am totally frustrated with not being able to adjust the mowing deck high enough. I've read every post on the internet and even consulted with a respected local repair shop...and have come to realize that this is a problem common to many Husq. Riding mowers.

I would like to try a larger tire size front & rear. Front is currently 15X6.00-6 2 ply and would like to change to
16X6.50-8 4 ply. Rear is currently 20X8.00-8 2 ply & would like to change to 20X10.00-8 4 ply. This would give me extra height in the front and the 4ply 10 inch wide tire in the rear would also give me a slight edge on height.

Questions: Will a 20X10.00-8 fit on the wheel I currently am using for the 20X8.00-8, as long as it clears the frame? Will the wider tire harm the hydrostatic transmission? Thank you!

Bob/Tennessee

mhavanti

Threads
You can place it on the wheel, however, the narrow wheel will not allow the tire tread to lay flat. You'll only have a small foot print of the center of tread making contact with the ground surface. Also, if you try to lower the air pressure to let the tread lay flat, the mower won't hold a hillside, plus it is going to scalp your yard and make crop circles.

Purchase a pair of wider wheels from a scrap yard or a person that has a ton of mowers sitting around. You'll probably find a pair of tires good enough to test out your theorem.

Have fun,

Max

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Going to larger tires is normally easy as long as you remember for every inch taller you only raise mower 1/2 inch. If you only raise the front 1/2" and not the back the you will not have even raised the deck 1/8". Side wall ply really does nothing on a small mower. It is calculated for the weight of the mower. It will do nothing for height. But you will create a rougher ride.

ingigo

Threads
I have the same problem with my deck on a husky yt26XLS. For me The problem is the mandrel cover on the right side of the deck it too high. The engineers put a second pulley on top of the right blade pulley to have a "turbo" grass collector. Problem is the deck mandrel cover on the right side hits the foot rest way too soon.

I just lowered my deck as low it would go and I can mow the fields now, but changing the tire height with mess up any vehicle. The transmission with hate a tire change to a taller tire.
Research what tire you can use with your transmission. You DO NOT wanna bust a tranny!