Honda HRX217VKA One Speed or No Speed

yardbarney

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower has a dial that is supposed to allow you to select the speed the mower self propels. Mine does not work unless it's turned up about half way and then it takes off at full speed. Turning the dial up or down from there results in no change, just full speed. I tried the cable adjustment on page 13 of the owner's manual, but there was no change. I'd like to fix this myself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Barney

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Barney! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Honda section to see if we can get you an answer.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mower has a dial that is supposed to allow you to select the speed the mower self propels. Mine does not work unless it's turned up about half way and then it takes off at full speed. Turning the dial up or down from there results in no change, just full speed. I tried the cable adjustment on page 13 of the owner's manual, but there was no change. I'd like to fix this myself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Barney

There are a couple of versions of the VKA, so let's find out which one...share the full serial number with me...it's on a sticker on the top rear of the mower deck:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

yardbarney

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are a couple of versions of the VKA, so let's find out which one...share the full serial number with me...it's on a sticker on the top rear of the mower deck:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

It's HRX217K5VKAA MAGA-2594437