repair

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, the Searsparts direct questions & answers says the hydraulic pumps may need adjusting. Do you know how this is done?

I don't know what they mean by pump ADJUSTMENT ... I see nothing in the manual about it... unless they meant ..PURGING ...
I would go through the manual and be sure it's purged and ALL external adjustments are correct ...

...http://www.hydro-gear.com/8e4088790...hp-t3-hd-integrated-hydrostatic-transaxle.pdf

THIS should be the correct manual ... check the sticker on your trans. ( if its still there & readable )

cambre

Threads
Boobala, I don't know what they mean by adjustment of the pump either. This trans does not have one, think they were talking about bigger trans. I believe the trans is purged. If start moving forward at idle it will not buck,then I can increase speed to full throttle & it runs normal. If I try to go forward at 1/4 throttle I will almost get thrown off. It's like the mechanical bull at Gillies.

Thanks Boobala & NorthBama fo the help.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, I don't know what they mean by adjustment of the pump either. This trans does not have one, think they were talking about bigger trans. I believe the trans is purged. If start moving forward at idle it will not buck,then I can increase speed to full throttle & it runs normal. If I try to go forward at 1/4 throttle I will almost get thrown off. It's like the mechanical bull at Gillies.

Thanks Boobala & NorthBama fo the help.

Well if all else fails .... maybe ...
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-.../HYDRO-GEAR-HYDROSTATIC-TRANSAXLE-13-1576.axd
Trouble is ...these wont last long... I THINK ... some outfit buys them up then re-sells them @
a BIG Profit...:frown:

cambre

Threads
I checked all the linkage yesterday. Cleaned everything & checked that all bolts & screws were tight. Not any adjustments that I could find except the control levers. Found a crack in the frame caused from the extreme bucking that I welded. After doing all that the bucking is 80% better. I don't know the one thing I did to make it better, but its a lot better. I use this old mower every day for some chore & I have a lot of them. I haven't mowed grass with it for several years. I removed the belly years ago. Its not unusual to run this thing 5 or 6 hrs a day. The running hrs add up fast. The 26 HP Kohler engine still runs good. I,m shooting for 3000 hrs. Wish me luck.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I checked all the linkage yesterday. Cleaned everything & checked that all bolts & screws were tight. Not any adjustments that I could find except the control levers. Found a crack in the frame caused from the extreme bucking that I welded. After doing all that the bucking is 80% better. I don't know the one thing I did to make it better, but its a lot better. I use this old mower every day for some chore & I have a lot of them. I haven't mowed grass with it for several years. I removed the belly years ago. Its not unusual to run this thing 5 or 6 hrs a day. The running hrs add up fast. The 26 HP Kohler engine still runs good. I,m shooting for 3000 hrs. Wish me luck.

FANTASTIC... 3000 hours That would be something to see !! PLEASE keep us informed, ... and do you think there's any chance of some pics of this " HERO " of a machine ??? Wow cracked frame , Ehhh
funny how we never think of things like that right away.. maybe metal fatigue ..?? or just bad design in that area.. ?? OK cambre ...later .. Boobala ..:thumbsup:

cambre

Threads
Thanks for the interest. I'm not very sharp on copy & paste, but I have a neighbor who is a very good friend who will do it for me. Last time I looked it had 2091 hrs.

NorthBama

Threads
I have never seen a home owner mower with that many hours great work on upkeep.

cambre

Threads
NorthBama, I don't care for oil additives, but I do use Lucas oil additive to prevent dry starts. Lucas makes a lot of products,the oil additive is the only one I use in the engine & I'm sure that has a lot to do with it running so long. The last time I added oil to the trans I used Lucas trans additive, its suppose to keep the oil seals soft & helps prevent leaks. Thanks for the post.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
NorthBama, I don't care for oil additives, but I do use Lucas oil additive to prevent dry starts. Lucas makes a lot of products,the oil additive is the only one I use in the engine & I'm sure that has a lot to do with it running so long. The last time I added oil to the trans I used Lucas trans additive, its suppose to keep the oil seals soft & helps prevent leaks. Thanks for the post.

About Lucas products , ...... I cant praise them enough.. I use the fuel injector cleaner and the oil additive ,.. but thats all so far ... I could go on & on about it , ... but ...another time ........ Boobala