repair

cambre

Threads
It will self bleed by driving forward & backward & turning one way & then the other.

cambre

Threads
I was thinking the hour-meter may NOT have been replaced ( hour meters will clock up time even though the machine itself is not running ,..depending on just how the meter is wired into the unit )
But the trans MUST have been re-placed ...thats a LOT of running hours on a piece of equipment ???
If THAT trans has THAT many hours on it ... I want to know everything about IT !!! UN-REAL !!
One helluva trans to hold up that long ...Boobala

The trans is original, I bought the mower new.

NorthBama

Threads
doing some searching I did find this information for purging air out of the hydros

"The following procedures should be performed with the vehicle drive wheels off the ground, then repeated under normal operating conditions. 1. With the bypass valve open and the engine running, slowly move the directional control in both forward and reverse directions (5 or 6 times), as air is purged from the unit, the oil level will drop. 2. With the bypass valve closed and the engine running, slowly move the directional control in both forward and reverse directions (5 to 6 times). Check the oil level, and add oil as required after stopping the engine. 3. It may be necessary to repeat Steps 1 and 2 until all the air is completely purged from the system. When the transaxle moves forward and reverse at normal speed purging is complete."

cambre

Threads
doing some searching I did find this information for purging air out of the hydros

"The following procedures should be performed with the vehicle drive wheels off the ground, then repeated under normal operating conditions. 1. With the bypass valve open and the engine running, slowly move the directional control in both forward and reverse directions (5 or 6 times), as air is purged from the unit, the oil level will drop. 2. With the bypass valve closed and the engine running, slowly move the directional control in both forward and reverse directions (5 to 6 times). Check the oil level, and add oil as required after stopping the engine. 3. It may be necessary to repeat Steps 1 and 2 until all the air is completely purged from the system. When the transaxle moves forward and reverse at normal speed purging is complete."

Thanks for correct way to purge.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for correct way to purge.

Cambre... Please keep us up-dated .. and kudos for a great maint. pgm. you must have...GLAD to see you get your moneys worth from your machines... YESSIR ...maintenance is the secret !! ..:thumbsup::
WHOA .... just remembered .. more info..

...https://c.searspartsdirect.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0803095.pdf

...http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/zts7500/0247/1506000.html

and I just noticed this in the sears parts manual....LURCHING.JPG

just in case you don't have these anymore ... Boobala

Last edited:

cambre

Threads
Do you run that red mower with the V8 engine at Daytona? Thanks for the info, will keep you posted. If I don't go nuts first I will find the cause.

NorthBama

Threads
I admire you sir for your patients and determination to fix the problem.

cambre

Threads
Boobala, the Searsparts direct questions & answers says the hydraulic pumps may need adjusting. Do you know how this is done?