repair

cambre

Threads
I have a Craftsman ZTS7500 that bucks & lurches, almost throws me off the mower. It's several years old & has 2080 hrs on it. I took the belly mower off a few years ago & use it to tow a utility wagon to haul stuff around my 11 acres. It runs very good. It started creeping forward on its own when I got off of it. I adjusted the brake spring back to 3 inches, it was 5 inches. That didn't help, in fact it made it worse. It really bucks hard when it starts moving but levels out when handles are pushed all the way forward. It also bucks when you stop it. The transaxles are full of oil. Any help will be appreciated.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Craftsman ZTS7500 that bucks & lurches, almost throws me off the mower. It's several years old & has 2080 hrs on it. I took the belly mower off a few years ago & use it to tow a utility wagon to haul stuff around my 11 acres. It runs very good. It started creeping forward on its own when I got off of it. I adjusted the brake spring back to 3 inches, it was 5 inches. That didn't help, in fact it made it worse. It really bucks hard when it starts moving but levels out when handles are pushed all the way forward. It also bucks when you stop it. The transaxles are full of oil. Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not familiair with your model mower but here's a manual for your trans. it may help in some way... ..http://www.hydro-gear.com/af4008182e_sites/hydro-gear.com/files/ezt-_zt-2100-2200_.pdf
At least I THINK this is the right manual, Have you checked your belts ?? ..:confused2: ..Boobala

cambre

Threads
Thanks for the answer Boobala, the trans manual you sent looks like what I have. Hope I can find a clue abour what causes this.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the answer Boobala, the trans manual you sent looks like what I have. Hope I can find a clue abour what causes this.

Stay with the forum... there are many members that may have your problem but have yet to see your posting .. some things take time... if I can find anything else , you will hear from me again
best of luck with your issue......... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

cambre

Threads
Thanks Boobala, you asked about the trans belt. It's like new, only a year old. I do keep visiting the forum often. My email lets me know when I have answer on the forum. I have gotten a lot of help here.

NorthBama

Threads
I would think with 2080 hours the transmission has some wear to it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would think with 2080 hours the transmission has some wear to it.

I was thinking the hour-meter may NOT have been replaced ( hour meters will clock up time even though the machine itself is not running ,..depending on just how the meter is wired into the unit )
But the trans MUST have been re-placed ...thats a LOT of running hours on a piece of equipment ???
If THAT trans has THAT many hours on it ... I want to know everything about IT !!! UN-REAL !!
One helluva trans to hold up that long ...Boobala

cambre

Threads
Boobala, The timer shuts off when the key is off. An air cooled engine usually doesn't last this long. The hrs are correct. The mower is 10 years old. Only thing I did to trans was change an axle seal & let the oil drain out. I filled that side with fresh oil. I don't remember if I changed oil in the other side. The engine starter went bad & I replaced it, also put a new carb & adjust the valves when needed. I have always taken care of my equipment, cars, trucks, two tractors & a commercial Grasshopper mower, plus weed eaters, a DR brush cutter, two generators, one gas welder & others. I'm 78 yrs. old & my equipment have always lasted a long time. I have always been curious & want to know what causes this bucking. Thanks for the interest.

NorthBama

Threads
if the lurching started after the oil was added it may have air in the 0il. Nor sure how to best bleed the air out maybe some help in the transmission manual.