One more for the collection

unclelee

Threads
Unclelee--about all you are missing are the Lawn Boy snowblower, garden tiller, lawn edger, and the Lawn Boy powered floating diver's air pump. Or, perhaps you have a few of these items. Time to convert your garage into a museum and charge admission.
I have a 1960 ET-1 edger....It is my current restoration project

2smoked

Threads
Like I said, I'd never turn down a 19 inch bricktop. This greasy beauty came home with me about a week ago. She's pretty ratty and is missing some hardware, but the motor seems to be in reasonably good condition and she has spark. Not the best find, but around here, you better grab one if you can find it. I have some parts for it in my stash and with a little cleaning up, it should run nice and be useful again. I was at a family get-together and someone overheard me in some conversation and said that he had something I might be interested in. I'm glad I mentioned the phrase "old Lawn Boys" in that conversation.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 13

unclelee

Threads
That 5024 is a good addition to any collection!!

2smoked

Threads
Like I said, I'd never turn down a 19 inch bricktop. This greasy beauty came home with me about a week ago. She's pretty ratty and is missing some hardware, but the motor seems to be in reasonably good condition and she has spark. Not the best find, but around here, you better grab one if you can find it. I have some parts for it in my stash and with a little cleaning up, it should run nice and be useful again. I was at a family get-together and someone overheard me in some conversation and said that he had something I might be interested in. I'm glad I mentioned the phrase "old Lawn Boys" in that conversation.

Here it is now. Just did some carb cleaning, a new needle and seat, a new exhaust gasket, cleaned and adjusted points, sharpened and balanced the blade. Fired up on one pull and runs like a watch. I'll just leave it like it is and use it for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 21

unclelee

Threads
That was a good find! Can't wait to finish up my edger so I can get back to my 5020. I probably won't now with it though.