Is a chevy camaro or dodge challenger a good first car option ?

CathyRoberson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Is a chevy camaro or dodge challenger a good first car option ?
I have a choice of picking car on my 29th birthday and these are the 2 cars I absolutely love. If you say speed is the reason I shouldn't get it, I ensure you I'm responsible and I don't want the car for speed . I just need to know the reliability for these cars for to and from office & possibly a few longer distance travels from time to time because my parents live in different states. If you think these cars aren't reliable enough, then can you give suggestions of cars that are & still has a muscle car look. Thanks !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dodge as a company has the lowest customer satisfaction rating in the world. Not just the US.

RudyP

Threads
I have a choice of picking car on my 29th birthday and these are the 2 cars I absolutely love. If you say speed is the reason I shouldn't get it, I ensure you I'm responsible and I don't want the car for speed . I just need to know the reliability for these cars for to and from office & possibly a few longer distance travels from time to time because my parents live in different states. If you think these cars aren't reliable enough, then can you give suggestions of cars that are & still has a muscle car look. Thanks !!

My wife is 59 and still likes Camaros. She has owned 4 through out her life, a '67, '70, '91 with the most recent, albeit her last Camaro, which was purchased new in October 2015 for her birthday. It only has 10600 miles on it to date and while it rides much better and gets great gas mileage when compared to her previous '91 RS I bought new for her on valentines day decades ago to us it is not as comfortable or quiet of a ride than her nephew's new 2017 RT Scat Pack Challenger. While we have not looked at the new 2017 Camaro platform there are several amenities that the Challenger has that would be appreciated in her 2015 Camaro such as grab handles and larger sun visors. I personally like the Challenger but I am biased towards Chrysler as I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Freedom Edition that was built from the ground up then ordered at the dealership several years ago. The Challenger is roomier and is purposefully built as a long distance cruiser but her Camaro is comfortable at long distance interstate cruising, seems a bit more nimble in tight parking areas than the Challenger, gets good highway gas mileage and we really like the Onstar system. I know it is hard to put aside the excitement of getting a new car but my advice when comparing the 2 is to use the mind set of "is this the car I want to drive for the next 5-10 years?". Take your time and don't get in a rush. Try to test drive both on the same day on the interstate and also on not so smooth side streets, compare cabin noise at highway speeds, compare visibility in all directions, compare the standard amenities of each, the ease of layout of controls, seat comfort, steering wheel fit to your hands, trunk space, which one fits your budget better and especially the convenience and reputation of the dealership when service is needed. You are looking at 2 really nice cars although they are different so good luck on your decision.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can afford it why not. All new cars are reliable. When I was younger I worked as a Chevrolet mechanic for over 20 years. As I found it will cost you more money to maintain a car like that if you plan on keeping it for a long time. Its just a dream car for me seeing I can't afford one. I hope you the best of luck in getting the car you want and don't let anybody talk you out of it. :thumbsup:

Themplealke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I vote for Camaro. It's just so much better while the price is about the same. Higher fuel efficiency along with lager variety in body styles, advanced features and it's also a top choice among critics judging from reviews on Essaywriter.org!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seeing its been over a year ago what did you get for a car?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't recommend a car like that as a first car or for road trips. But I suspect we'll never see the OP again.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only 29 and getting his first car already?

So young!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You ever try to drive anywhere in San Francisco? Better off walking.:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seeing its been over a year ago what did you get for a car?

I'm pretty much certain, almost positive, without a doubt, quite sure, unmistakably, could just about, guarantee, ...Cathy bought ... :laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:
A YUGO !! ... images.jpg