Deck Leveling Gauge

BWH

Threads
I was researching Deck Leveling Gauges I see Oregon, Sears, John Deere and a couple of others have them, they are mostly similar design but they don't indicate if there made from metal or plastic. Anyone have one that is made from metal?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Stens part number 750-656 deck leveling gauge is metal. That is the one that I have.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you'll build your own you won't need to read, remember or record any numbers. It's all recorded right there for you. Leave all that other crap in the stores.

Attachments

• deck level gauge 2015.jpg
    deck level gauge 2015.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 42

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been using a tape measure using my shop floor, side to side and front to back.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been using a tape measure using my shop floor, side to side and front to back.
I tried that tape measure method about 40 years ago. Hum, there has to be a better way and haven't picked up a tape measure since. Oh, maybe a wooden ruler if I'm real concerned about cutting height ( which is unusual ) but then again just measure the gauge because all the info. is still there and recorded.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried that tape measure method about 40 years ago. Hum, there has to be a better way and haven't picked up a tape measure since. Oh, maybe a wooden ruler if I'm real concerned about cutting height ( which is unusual ) but then again just measure the gauge because all the info. is still there and recorded.

Really ...??? C'mon you guys, we're cuttin grass ...not building watches .. I can understand setting up a mower for doing the the golf course , paticularly if its going to be a tournament or some such extravagant affair , but the average yard ... ??? I'm NOT saying don't take pride in your work but have you ever really had someone ( a customer or a neighbor, relative, friend ) come up to say ... Hey Bo-Diddley ...the grass is 7/16 higher than the last time you cut it .... please recut it to specs !!! ... Well Mr. PRECISION.. How bout I tell you where to put that ruler !!!!!
I can just see some fella following the mowers around ...weilding his mighty ruler screaming, hey, hey over here , come back and recut this .. and if you accidentally scalp a corner or a dip..??? Holey-Moley ...call the sod men in ... LOL ..:giggle::giggle::laughing:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you've never read about someone trying to make his mower cut level?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I can level my decks in less than 25mins max . Thats 4 mowers. Lol my shop floor and a tape. I have even used my trailer floor once in a bind.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So you've never read about someone trying to make his mower cut level?

So tell me ... how many times do you have to level your deck ..?? Do you bother to remove the deck annually for a major cleaning and inspection, lubrication, belt replacement, etc. and you don't bother to level the deck after re-mounting it ..?? do you do an occassional walk-around of your machine to check for loose or broken /missing items etc. or are you one of those clowns that's a straight thru n thru " gas n go jockey " ...run the sheeet out of it, till it quits in the middle of a job ...?? and after you make your " first pass " of the day do you look to see what your cut pattern looks like ..???..:2cents:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just maybe its hard for some people to read a tape measure and then remember what they just read?:confused2: You will be surprised what you can do with a tape measure. Just my odd way of doing things I guess. We are just leveling a mower deck no big deal.