UP-LOADING --Manuals & PDF's

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Muhammed / Catherine or the BIG Kahuna !!!
Please ...... I'm sure I had read it on here somewhere before ( but at age 70 I have brain overload and C.R.S. ) So...
could you please tell us followers of this mighty site... what would it take ( I know money and probably a bigger server(s)
would most likely be in the mix ) ...To be able for members to UP-Load and download our manuals and PDF files onto the site when another member requests such item... I know a great many of us have a decent size library of such items and I'm sure a manual in someones hands is much better than trying to explain things in the forums.. Just being curious ...trying to make life easier ...NOT trying to be a P.I.T.A. or creating a hardship on anyone. Maybe one of the members is a Webmaster ( or knows of one ) they could offer advice on the matter ??

OK... I've created my Hornets Nest for today ... ( am I banned now ...?? LOL ) Boobala .. :rolleyes:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is the server softwear that regulates what can be uploaded.
IT is quite normal for forums not to allow big files to be uploaded.
Remember what you see is not what the server saves.
Also just the same as you the forum owner has to pay for uploading & downloading.
What you are uploading, it is downloading & visa Versa.

This forum is almost unique in that it allows direct uploading of photos.
Most only load a refference URL to a third party image hosting site, so when that goes so do the images.

Finally there are copyright problems .
Stihl ( prime example ) actually sues people who load their IPL &/or service manuals on line and I am sure other makers do the same.

Finally server hosts charge the operator for volume of data uploaded, downloaded & saved onto hard drives .
large manuals like the JD ones with lots of photos are very large files.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is the server softwear that regulates what can be uploaded.
IT is quite normal for forums not to allow big files to be uploaded.
Remember what you see is not what the server saves.
Also just the same as you the forum owner has to pay for uploading & downloading.
What you are uploading, it is downloading & visa Versa.

This forum is almost unique in that it allows direct uploading of photos.
Most only load a refference URL to a third party image hosting site, so when that goes so do the images.

Finally there are copyright problems .
Stihl ( prime example ) actually sues people who load their IPL &/or service manuals on line and I am sure other makers do the same.

Finally server hosts charge the operator for volume of data uploaded, downloaded & saved onto hard drives .
large manuals like the JD ones with lots of photos are very large files.

Trevor ..you have a distinct way of popping one's bubble ... Thank you for refreshing my memory ... I always wish in one hand ... and crap in the other ... only to see which one fills up first, when it comes to such matters ...:frown:..:frown:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Yeah sadly those aren't allowed to be uploaded without permission from the manufacturers. I know it would be a great resource but we can't provide that sort of service.