emme

emme

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to posting of any kind. I have a 2005 Walker 20 HP. I use it only to cut my own 2 acre lot. I purchased it at a bankruptcy of a landscape maintenance company. So, its probably been used a lot by the previous owner but I use it a whole lot less. When purchased, the hour meter indicated about 1,100 hours. The previous owner did have a full time maintenance guy responsible for all the machinery and I can see evidence of the machine being "looked after". My issue at this time is with the grass handling system. My lot has a lot of big trees with lots of leaves. That's the main reason I bought the Walker-to pick up the leaves in the fall. This past fall was the first year I used it to pick up the leaves. I noticed it didn't pick up all the leaves like other Walkers I've seen. It leaves a lot of debris-pieces of leaves & grass. When I lifted the plastic box & the seat, etc. there was a ton of leaf pieces. It was obvious that the Walker had picked up the leaves, chopped them into small pieces but they didn't make it into the plastic box. People suggest that the blower fan may be worn out with age & use and/or the belt may not be properly operating. So, I'm currently thinking about changing all the belts and replacing the blower fan blade and examining all the chutes & other plastic bits to see if there is a tight fit. I'm interested in learning opinions of others who have much more knowledge than I with Walker mowers. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would look to see if it has mulching blades on it. You should run the high lift blades for the catcher.

emme

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestion to ensure the correct blades are installed. The blades are new high lift blades. Originally they were installed backwards, that is the LH blade was on the right and visa versa. I corrected the direction of the blades by interchanging them. Still did not fix the problem.
Has anyone changed the fan blade on their blower and, if so, did that improve the "pick up" of debris?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move your thread over to our Walker section to see if we can get you some more answers.