techumseh diaphram carb CRAFTSMAN

fabricgator

Threads
Hello Enthusiasts,

Does anyone know if there is a bolt on carburetor replacement for the old Techumseh Diaphram type carb?
It can be either another diaphram or a bowl type... all it really needs to do is create an explosive mixture of gasoline and air for my 2.5 hp techumseh craftsman lawn edger.

I've rebuilt the diaphram a few times... works great for a while then goes funky, then unreliable, then unstartable... I just want something plug and play reliable..

If not, anyone suggest a source for a new motor that I can mount on my antique edger pedestal?

upupandaway

Threads
Hello Enthusiasts,

Does anyone know if there is a bolt on carburetor replacement for the old Techumseh Diaphram type carb?
It can be either another diaphram or a bowl type... all it really needs to do is create an explosive mixture of gasoline and air for my 2.5 hp techumseh craftsman lawn edger.

I've rebuilt the diaphram a few times... works great for a while then goes funky, then unreliable, then unstartable... I just want something plug and play reliable..

If not, anyone suggest a source for a new motor that I can mount on my antique edger pedestal?

I have the same edger and just cleaned out one of those diaphragm carbs the other day on a snowblower - its not difficult. Did u pull out the plug and clean that out? (that fixed the recent one)
If u just want to go bowl, any metal bowl carb off a push mower\smaller snowblower Tech will can bolt on but the choke parts will likely need some fiddling to get them to fit.